Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Haha thanks again @hogg! The joke is... いたみ なくして 得るものなし or Itami nakushite erumono nasai, roughly translated: "No Pain, No Gain" lol. Like i said its an inside joke with the crew and probably not funny/just plain stupid to everyone else but it started when I was over getting my sleeve and figured why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and @Iwar those are dope. That Hannya looks so good and that Garver... what exactly is it? Lol either way is just plain awesome!

Jesus. That looks amazing. I don't think I could bring myself to get anything that big - at least not initially, haha. Who knows what lies ahead.

Right, so Bob Roberts... that's a name I can add to the long list of legends to research.

Is it common to have an eagle and a dragon facing off in a tattoo? Love the idea. Don't think I've seen it executed before.

Thanks @Duffa I love all your new additions! The subject of my Garver tattoo is called a Harpy Harpy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's from greek mythology, and I think it's a little weird that it isn't seen more often in tattooing. Who doesn't like an eagle with tits? :cool:

@hogg Getting tattooed by tebori was a real treat and something I've been looking forward to for a long time. Since this was my first tebori experience I don't really have any pain reference, but it wasn't too bad. Less painful than by machine, but slower. Horimasa was super friendly, humble and just an all round great guy. Such a great experience. We actually got it done in Marco Serio's studio since Horimasa was waiting for his own place to get greenlit by the health department. Unfortunately Marco was abroad, but I got to stare at his awesome stencils which were hanging all over the wall while I was getting tattooed :)