Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

After wading through the 433 pages of great art here i thought i'd include my own art too :)

Currently my artist and I are working on my second sleeve (and chest piece), this sleeve is Tamatori-Hime themed.

IMG_6865_zps6d9cd90a.jpg

And a close-up of the chest piece:

IMG_6869_zps7ed33bdd.jpg

Next week we are going the continue with the background on the upper arm, and start on some coloring.

This is a picture of my other sleeve that we did last year:

IMG_4378.jpg

And the chest piece:

IMG_5312.jpg

All the work is being done by Bonel of the Corazon Santo tattoostudio in The Netherlands.

i didn't even know that those tags are usually the artist signature :-)

The tag on the Tamatori-Hime chespiece has my wife's name, 'Kokoro no Tomo' (Soulmate) and 'Ei' (Eternity) in it.

In my dragon sleeve there's 'Futago' (Twins), the names of my twin boys, and 'Ei' (Eternity). (They are also born last year, in the year of the dragon).

The big kanji on my lower is the name of my daughter, 'Manamusune' (Beloved daughter) and 'Ushidoshi' (year of the Ox) as the seal.

After wading through the 433 pages of great art here i thought i'd include my own art too :)

Currently my artist and I are working on my second sleeve (and chest piece), this sleeve is Tamatori-Hime themed.

IMG_6865_zps6d9cd90a.jpg

And a close-up of the chest piece:

IMG_6869_zps7ed33bdd.jpg

Next week we are going the continue with the background on the upper arm, and start on some coloring.

This is a picture of my other sleeve that we did last year:

IMG_4378.jpg

And the chest piece:

IMG_5312.jpg

All the work is being done by Bonel of the Corazon Santo tattoostudio in The Netherlands.

Eindelijk een mede Nederlander op het forum! Ziet er goed uit man!

Eindelijk een mede Nederlander op het forum! Ziet er goed uit man!

And here I was thinking I was the only dutchman around here ;-)

Btw, I saw in your old initiation post that you like the work of Emmy, i've got a piece from her on my leg, picture is in my initiation topic :)

And here I was thinking I was the only dutchman around here ;-)

Btw, I saw in your old initiation post that you like the work of Emmy, i've got a piece from her on my leg, picture is in my initiation topic :)

that's one awesome piece! yeah emmy is killer. So far haven't gotten anything from her though and since I'm emigrating to Vienna, Austria, in about 2 weeks (sorta feeling the nerves now) it's gonna be a while till im gonna get tattooed in good ol holland again. But we should stay in touch, who knows we can have a very small dutch LST meeting in the future ;) Enjoy the forum man

Ok, I've decided on what I want to get on the 25th..

[ATTACH]9342[/ATTACH]

The sailor Jerry anchor.. I asked to change the the stars to the nautical stars and have him 'artistic liberty' as always! Stoked to see what he comes up with!!

I got this exact anchor last month. We changed almost nothing about it, because it's perfect. I love it.

I got this exact anchor last month. We changed almost nothing about it' date=' because it's perfect. I love it.[/quote']

I just thought incorporating his nautical/north stars instead of the plain ones is a cool idea, plus I like mine to have original qualities even if they aren't exactly unique

That's cool dude' date=' you can do whatever you want, just sharing my recent experience with, and love for, the same image. You can see mine here: Instagram photo by @catmischief (Anna) | Statigram

I have noticed variations on that design at least half a dozen times on instagram in the month since I got it, and it makes me happy every time. It's classic.

Looks like you have several traditional pieces! Cool! Btw yours looks great! :)

My left arm is all dedicated pieces and this one is represents my grandfather who was a sailor all his life, there are several stories of him using the North Star for navigation which is why I wanna incorporate it

I got my third piece from Ron Wells Friday' date=' and I LOVE HER:

& if anyone wants the link to my Grez back piece progress, PM me. I don't want my butt all over the internet before its finished--after that, I of course give zero fucks.[/quote']

She's beautiful! That's an amazing piece, kick ass!!

I got my third piece from Ron Wells Friday, and I LOVE HER:

& if anyone wants the link to my Grez back piece progress, PM me. I don't want my butt all over the internet before its finished--after that, I of course give zero fucks.

I really like this lady head. I have one from Ron too and this one is definitely beautiful.