Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Wasn't sure where to post this... does anyone know what the appointment situation is with Horitomo, or if he generally does conventions at all? Could've sworn I saw his name on the list for the London Convention but now I can't seem to find it...

I don't think he has any convention plans. He did not bring it up and I just sat with him for 6 hours on Saturday. The best advice I can give you is call State of Grace. They are super laid back and will answer your questions.

Here is my first and only tattoo, so far that is ;)

It was done in about 3 hours on my inner arm by Pat Patterson at Aces High in West Palm Beach, FL

Looks GREAT!

- - - Updated - - -

Some progress photos on the piece Martin Lacasse is doing for me at Olde City Tattoo. Just started color at the end of the last session. Excited to start seeing it come together.

Super nice!! I love Martin's work and hope to score a piece from him the next time he heads up to Congress Street in Portsmouth.

Wow!! That shunga tattoo is supercool! Love it! How painful was it, and how many hours did it take?

Many thanks. It took about three hours. It wasn't too painful, I've had a lot worse. Getting nice and comfortable is the main thing as keeping your arm stretched out in the same position for a long time is no fun.

It does swell up a bit but the good news is that it's one of the quickest healing tattoos I've ever had.

Many thanks. It took about three hours. It wasn't too painful, I've had a lot worse. Getting nice and comfortable is the main thing as keeping your arm stretched out in the same position for a long time is no fun.

It does swell up a bit but the good news is that it's one of the quickest healing tattoos I've ever had.

Cool! I would definitly have a Shunga in my armpit from Robson some day. Your positive experience makes the decision about getting one a little easier. I am more worried about swelling then the pain, though.. @jade1955

A local news personality does some music stuff(vocals) with a good friend of mine and as a result I've gotten to meet and get to know her a bit and we talk and exchange comments on FB and talk at shows.

Recently she's decided that she wants to get some tattoos and I've believe I've persuaded her to got where I go http://blueflametattoo.com/

She posted today that she had a consult with Shaun. It's good feeling to have passed a recommendation on to a good person for a good shop.. I believe it will be a win win as she's a popular person locally and having her as a client should be good for business.

Dunno why, but just had to share this ;)

Toot toot tooting my own horn ;)

Side note, the galleries need to be updated.. Lots of newer pics on IG and FB

Okay this is going to be one of those "Meaningful Story" tattoo stories. Deal with it.

On 26 June, out of nowhere and with no previous symptoms my wife of 34 years had a Grand Mal seizure. On 26 July she had a brain tumor removed. On 30 July we learned that it was malignant and she has an 85% probability that she won't make it 18 months.

But she's a fighter. 85% against just means there is a 15% probability she will make it. My wife spent her entire life fucking up the curve and that's not changing anytime soon. She was told that visualization is helpful. Make it a tangible "thing" you can combat. She takes chemo and radiation 5 days a week (for 6 weeks), then has a re-eval. She nicknamed the tumor "DLB" (dirty little bastard). I saw some flash on line and heard a 90's era song, added a little of this and that and the next thing you know I was in the chair. I hope you all like it:

IMG_0959_zps792cc498.jpg

The story and tattoo are genuinely inspirational..

Best of luck to the both you in this fight.. The tattoo is cool I really like it.. A friend at work to me FFDP covers that song on their new album and its pretty good, haven't herd it so I can't say.

Good luck @blujax01 to you guys and a fine choice to reference a Lady's Love cool Jay jam , I read Chuck D rated his the best rap voice of all time !

Yeah, I feel like Martin's work is super-underrated. He did my wife's arm, and she gets people stopping her in the street constantly to say how beautiful it is. When I finally take the plunge on getting my back done, I'd love him to do it.

Agreed, but he doesn't seem to mind either way. Definitely a tattooers' tattooer. Super humble but incredibly talented and he stays plenty busy from the people that actually know how good he is. It makes me even happier getting work from him.