Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

anyone have a contact for bryan burk? ive been trying to call dark horse and it says the number is disconnected.

also just booked for the convention in san francisco. lets party!

I am pretty sure that he and Adam Warmerdam are in Europe right now. I hate getting up with people on Instagram, but if you don't have his email it may be the only way to contact him right now.

My wife and I both got tattooed by Capilli Tupou today. First off, he is one of THE nicest tattooers I've ever met. Just an incredibly good guy. My wife got her knee cap and I got the back of my knee done. Because, you know, we complete each other.

Hers:

938591b41d9411e3951522000a1f99d1_7.jpg

His:

3c1058c81da411e3855722000aa800e1_7.jpg

That guy aye!! Glad you two got something from him he truly is a top bloke, always friendly and genuinely interested in what you have to say. Awesome tatts too, go the Samoan Kiwi!!

That guy aye!! Glad you two got something from him he truly is a top bloke, always friendly and genuinely interested in what you have to say. Awesome tatts too, go the Samoan Kiwi!!

Yeah, man! One of the best dudes ever, for sure. We got there around noon and didn't leave until close to 6. Total pleasure spending the day with him.

I pulled up your Instagram account and said, "So your boss did this guy's back?" He lit up! "How do you know Mike? He's got an incredible collection." He also said that, amazing as the photos are, your back has to be seen to be believed. The gray veil over the face, in particular.

One thing that we thought was funny: he kept apologizing to my wife because he felt bad for tattooing a woman's knee. She's tough as nails and sat like a rock, but he still kept saying, "Sorry, sorry." Then when he started on me, he said, "I'm not apologizin' to you, mate. I'm just gonna go!" Haha. He was super efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

@hogg - Awesome! Been a bit homesick for the Bay Area lately and seeing more and more Spider Murphy's (and guests') tattoos aren't making it any better. Guess I better get myself home soon...

edit: Or say fuck it and find a way to get to New Zealand!

He's gonna be in LA at Captured, then in New York for a few weeks, then back in the Bay. Flights from Portland to SF are about $200.

Signed,

Your enabler

i wish capilli was still going to be at spider murphys this thursday when i get out there. i reaaaally want to get tattooed by him.

If by "reaaaally" you mean "I'd drive 5 hours," then go see him at Greenpoint Tattoo in Brooklyn. He'll be there soon. Although that might be tough on the heels on your vacation.

If by "reaaaally" you mean "I'd drive 5 hours," then go see him at Greenpoint Tattoo in Brooklyn. He'll be there soon. Although that might be tough on the heels on your vacation.

i would definitely drive 5 hours to get tattooed by him but yeah, this trip has put more than a dent in my wallet haha. i'm already getting tattooed 2 out of 4 days in california and i already promised max when i get home we can work on my back. hopefully he will be back in the states at some point in the future.

Yeah, man! One of the best dudes ever, for sure. We got there around noon and didn't leave until close to 6. Total pleasure spending the day with him.

I pulled up your Instagram account and said, "So your boss did this guy's back?" He lit up! "How do you know Mike? He's got an incredible collection." He also said that, amazing as the photos are, your back has to be seen to be believed. The gray veil over the face, in particular.

One thing that we thought was funny: he kept apologizing to my wife because he felt bad for tattooing a woman's knee. She's tough as nails and sat like a rock, but he still kept saying, "Sorry, sorry." Then when he started on me, he said, "I'm not apologizin' to you, mate. I'm just gonna go!" Haha. He was super efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

He's gonna be in LA at Captured, then in New York for a few weeks, then back in the Bay. Flights from Portland to SF are about $200.

Signed,

Your enabler

I like that he can appreciate all styles even tho he is a traditional tattooer. He has been getting a lot of attention lately and well deserved of course, It just goes to show there is no room for rock stars in the industry when you have super talented guys like Capilli who are so humble and thankful for what they do.