Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

@jade1955, I love that one. He and Bryan Burk both have their own style of girl heads.

The foot is...special, isn't it?

You're not wrong. Haha.

Grrrrroooaaan...

What exactly do you mean by "special" and "not wrong"?! I'm planning my next tattoos to be on both my feet. You two scare me given all the tattoo experiences you've had. Mind you absolutely wonderful ones at that!

Knock on wood, I'm hoping for Horitomo cats. Just praying, sacrificing the neighbor's goats, reading some KFC chicken bone messages and sorta patiently waiting for that special phone call asking when I'd be able to set up an appointment. Fingers crossed.

Grrrrroooaaan...

What exactly do you mean by "special" and "not wrong"?! I'm planning my next tattoos to be on both my feet. You two scare me given all the tattoo experiences you've had. Mind you absolutely wonderful ones at that!

Knock on wood, I'm hoping for Horitomo cats. Just praying, sacrificing the neighbor's goats, reading some KFC chicken bone messages and sorta patiently waiting for that special phone call asking when I'd be able to set up an appointment. Fingers crossed.

If it's any consolation, the foot wasn't too bad for me personally. The bony bits close to the toes were certainly interesting, but I didn't think it was too terrible. Of course, I've had spots where I had the complete opposite experience—i.e., you don't hear them mentioned as being particularly awful, but I thought they were. Everyone's different, etc., etc.

Good luck on getting in with Horitomo, I'm pulling for you.

Grrrrroooaaan...

Those cat prints would make GREAT foot tattoos! FWIW, I thought the feet were bad, but bearable. I got both mine done the same day, and they weren't nearly as bad as the ribs or ass or lower back. If you wear a size 15 shoe, you might have a worse go of it.

Those cat prints would make GREAT foot tattoos! FWIW, I thought the feet were bad, but bearable. I got both mine done the same day, and they weren't nearly as bad as the ribs or ass or lower back. If you wear a size 15 shoe, you might have a worse go of it.

What did you go about in the way of footwear during healing? More than the actual pain of the tattoo itself, the healing process is what I'd be stumped on.

What did you go about in the way of footwear during healing? More than the actual pain of the tattoo itself, the healing process is what I'd be stumped on.

I planned my feet just before a 3-day weekend. That way, I was able to lounge around the house barefeet and wear some flip-flops when I did have to go out.

This gives me hope. So many are saying to me "it hurts SOOOO bad" but they're the type of people that would whine about breaking a nail. I'm getting both of mine done the same day too and probably about 4 hours total for both feet. Oh and the other people that claims it hurts so bad don't have their feet tattooed (or very unimpressive tiny tattoos).

I just had my foot done in July and was initially worried going in because I had read and was told by a friend that it was extremely painful. After it was completed though I didn't think it was nearly all that bad that my friend and people make it out to be.

What sucked more then anything though was the healing process for sure. I got it done on a Wednesday and started my work week that Saturday. It was still swollen a decent amount and because I never really stayed off my feet the swelling didn't subside for about 2 weeks I'd say. The tattoo itself scabbed up more then any other tattoo I've received and in general was just a pain in the a$$ to heal but in my opinion totally worth it. In fact; I'm getting my other foot done on the 25th. The only thing I'm going to do differently though is that I will be popping aspirin like skittles to aleviate the swelling and more importantly be a complete couch potato for the two days before I have to go back to work.

This gives me hope. So many are saying to me "it hurts SOOOO bad" but they're the type of people that would whine about breaking a nail. I'm getting both of mine done the same day too and probably about 4 hours total for both feet. Oh and the other people that claims it hurts so bad don't have their feet tattooed (or very unimpressive tiny tattoos).

For what it's worth, I know some people who've reported excruciating pain on their feet and said the whole story about having to wear slippers instead of shoes for a few days, yada yada yada. I, on the other hand, was able to loosen the laces on my vans for a few days and that was that. I didn't think they hurt worse than my shins, which was barely at all. So, hopefully yours go more along those lines.

I had my feet done at different times and tried 2 different healing methods. One i went barefoot and just lounged around the house. Lots of swelling, scabbing, and took over a month for some scabs to fall off. Had to stay off he foot for the first few days.

Second foot i couldn't take time off work and had to wear shoes. So i put some gauze over it and wrapped it up with those sports injury tape stuff, just enough to hold the gauze in place. Socks and shoes over it. Fastest heal ever, no scabbing or swelling. I think the trick for me was the reduction to swelling with the tight socks and tape. It was still able to breathe and i could walk around the day after whereas when i healed it the other way the pain from swelling kept me off my feet. The wrap just kept all the blood and pressure from building up in my foot allowing for a faster heal. I would also advise against flipflops because the straps rub right on the scabs, healing portion. Also drink lots of water lol

I think it's just different for every one. I have a good deal of work done in painful areas: ribs, collar bone, inner bicep. And I've done long sessions of 4.5+ hours. My 30 minute foot tattoo has still been the most painful and I doubt I will get my other foot tattooed for this reason. I have a high pain tolerance, too. So riddle me a pussy :)

^I also don't think I need to justify myself with my experience, but like I said: every one responds to pain and certain areas of the body differently.

I think it's just different for every one. I have a good deal of work done in painful areas: ribs, collar bone, inner bicep. And I've done long sessions of 4.5+ hours. My 30 minute foot tattoo has still been the most painful and I doubt I will get my other foot tattooed for this reason. I have a high pain tolerance, too. So riddle me a pussy :)

^I also don't think I need to justify myself with my experience, but like I said: every one responds to pain and certain areas of the body differently.

Nah, I don't think you're a pussy and as you said everyone responds to pain differently. I'm going on the basis that people who have foot tattoos have claimed the inner arm is excruciating and I was expecting so much worse.

I am getting my feet done to fit around some shoes I regularly wear. It'll be toward the higher section of my foot and central. I've also worked out that it's pretty well clear of any shoe contact during the healing process with a variety of shoes I wear in this weather. It's getting to the warmer spring weather so I should be right. The reason I planned them together is because I wanted to take as little time off running as possible and not screw up the healing process with sweaty running shoes. Plus the designs I am getting really belong together.

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth, I know some people who've reported excruciating pain on their feet and said the whole story about having to wear slippers instead of shoes for a few days, yada yada yada. I, on the other hand, was able to loosen the laces on my vans for a few days and that was that. I didn't think they hurt worse than my shins, which was barely at all. So, hopefully yours go more along those lines.

Pretty sure this is the type of feet tattoo person i'm going to be. I have prepped for a whole week with minimal time on my feet at least (saying that as a mum of 2 is optimistic)

I think it's more about the frame of mind you go in with.

Grrrrroooaaan...

The good news is that the healing seems to be going really well. Two long 11 hour shifts at work with the constriction of a shoe. The swelling is going down after three days. I have the additional worry as I have type two diabetes, but what the heck.

Good luck with your appointment. I just love those Horitomo cats.

The good news is that the healing seems to be going really well. Two long 11 hour shifts at work with the constriction of a shoe. The swelling is going down after three days. I have the additional worry as I have type two diabetes, but what the heck.

Good luck with your appointment. I just love those Horitomo cats.

Thanks for the info! Good to hear. I don't yet have a scheduled appointment with him. I'm on his list and I've seen a sketch, but I'll be patient and wait my turn. It'll all be worth it. The good side of it is the longer the wait, the more I'll be able to save up for future work

Well it finally happened and I got tattooed by Stuart Cripwell today. Even though we had to rush like crazy and were still 30 minutes late to our appt. (which ended up making us miss the dinner tonight - sorry to everyone who went). I got this cowboy on the last big spot left on my arms.

99E717CF-65C8-4B90-8FCA-7D03349FFA42-878-00000090374F9AA7_zps5c7ccff0.jpg

My girlfriend got this

33CC9F6F-ED7D-4D87-9E14-C2980CACB0BA-878-0000008F6F893AD3_zps272b56be.jpg

Sorry in advance if they are huge but I'm posting from my phone.