Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Today was a good day. My mentor put this fun Bodhidharma on the side of my knee (you can totally tell he started out as a new school tattooer). I then proceeded to tattoo tiny dots on his wife's fingers. No pressure or anything.

Jason Setchel - Roanoke, Virginia

9653d1383453970-latest-tattoo-lowdown-photo.jpg

23jls2.jpg

Just finished my Jason Reeder owl. :D My picture is awful because it's still shiny/swollen/red, plus I'm bent over upside down trying to get a good angle, it looks slightly distorted here but looks better in person. It's on the side of my leg and the wings wrap onto my shin slightly, so it's tough to get a pic of it all. Jason is awesome to work with and we've already discussed expanding on this piece and having a nocturnal theme around my lower leg. 2 sessions, about 5 hours.

That poor mouse!

I am not patient enough to wait until my tattoo is done or even healed to post so here are some progress shots. Went for about 6 hours yesterday shading in the raven with Kim Saigh. It was fun, as always. Kim is so humble about her own work, always talking about the tattooers she admires. Well, I think she's right up there with them. The cat wanted to be in 2 of these pics and the daughter wanted to be in the other. :D

I am not patient enough to wait until my tattoo is done or even healed to post so here are some progress shots. Went for about 6 hours yesterday shading in the raven with Kim Saigh. It was fun, as always. Kim is so humble about her own work, always talking about the tattooers she admires. Well, I think she's right up there with them. The cat wanted to be in 2 of these pics and the daughter wanted to be in the other. :D

Gorgeous work on that raven!

Actually, both arms look great together! I like the flower, animal, mandala (for lack of better term to come to mind) parallels.

Just had the other thigh done, more traditional forget-me-nots, but in a lighter blue than they usually are. Took some poor quality selfies. I really like them, but a mild blowout occurred on the other thigh (about 1/16" of an inch or less) near the pubic bone on the other thigh, and I'd like to add petals on the right, so I'll be back in as soon as I'm fully healed and toughened up in a few weeks.