Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I got this Cowgirl head from Rich Hardy while he was doing a guest spot at Third Eye Tattoo about a month ago.
Really love the cowgirl! I got some roses off Rich Hardy last weekend whilst he was back in the UK.

both are so rad - love his work! im flying out to krakow next week to let him start my back. cant wait :)

image_thumb.jpg

Souvenir piece from my trip to Japan last month. Completed by Mutsuo at Three Tides Tattoo.

I am so jelly right now. Fucking rad!

- - - Updated - - -

Bonji isn't a 'tag' Bonji is derived from sanskrit and is used solely for religious words.

A tattoo name or senjafuda is made with Hiragana and Kanji.

Many people have made up their own 'tattoo name'

Many western tattooers have signed their work too. From Ron Ackers, Ed Hardy, Jack Rudy, Thom DeVita.... etc.

Thanks for the clarification Stewart!

Well LST, I am happy to announce that after a brutal session we have finished the motif on my back! Not going to lie there where some moments when I wanted to tap but half way through Hiro dropped into the shop just to see it completed and that gave me what I needed to keep on keepin' on. All I heard was the door open and the war cry of "No Pain, No Gain". I nearly laughed but figured it wasn't the best time. Funny how the little things can keep you motivated and focused. I would have been pissed if I was so close to finishing and tapped on the final leg. I'm so wiped out but am also on that high that's probably going to keep me awake most of the night lol.

Don't worry I'll post pics as soon as I can ;) and @RoryQ I don't think there will be any hard liqour tonight, I am well and truely spent.

So during my trip to SF back in October. Our first area we ended up in was Mission, and I was so inspired by the murals painted there. I took a lot of pictures and decided I wanted one of the beautiful traditional roses tattooed on my arm.

We went to Oakland at Temple Tattoo, I wanted to visit this shop anyway because well....its fuckin historical.

So there was only one artist there that day, Jonah.

I asked if he had time for a small walk-in tattoo, and showed him the pics of the murals. Ended up being him that painted those murals! :)

We definitely made each others day!

So he drew up a rose while we were talking to him, fuckin awesome experience overall.

Having someone with 15 years experience tattooing me was epic and especially in that shop.

One of the best trips ever. I have to go back to California. <3

Jonah's a rad dude. He's from the Bay Area originally, but he was tattooing out of Invisible in New York for a while before heading back to California. Really solid guy.

Hey guys, here is a link to the Catclaw Blog that shows the progress over the first two days if anyone is interested 2日続ã‘ã¦ï½œCATCLAW TATTOO-Z I'll wait until I get home and see if they have posted the final pick and I'll put it up :)

After some sight seeing today I feel like a grandpa but I think I need a nap lol. I fly out tomorrow and should be hitting it, but I am buggered!

I sat in the chair for 4 hours last nite having an old fu-dog freshened up. My forearm is still swollen and bruised up here and there. I have the 2nd appointment for early 2014 to finish the whole forearm.

Rob

1488129_10153559240410527_18058759_n_thumb.jpg

Really cool! Put some peonies around that, and you've got an awesome sleeve. Karajishi Botan, is the most harmonious and beautiful combination in Japanese tattoo in my opinion.

Btw who is the artist that re-worked this?

1.25.12_thumb.jpg

Really cool! Put some peonies around that, and you've got an awesome sleeve. Karajishi Botan, is the most harmonious and beautiful combination in Japanese tattoo in my opinion.

Btw who is the artist that re-worked this?

I have a large peony to the side of it now (see above), done less than 2 years ago. The original tattoo was done in late 1982, almost 31 years ago! Fortunately there wasn't much dark shading in it and the brown went right over the black hair. The dog itself is a light purple, which will come out when it heals up. The flowers will be done in pink and other colors and I'm going for the sleeve.

It was done at Studio 69 on Long island, NY by Gina Sherry. I have forged a great relationship with her over the years. She was totally psyched to do it and we made up a lot of the details as we went along.

Rob

1.25.12_thumb.jpg

I have a large peony to the side of it now (see above), done less than 2 years ago. The original tattoo was done in late 1982, almost 31 years ago! Fortunately there wasn't much dark shading in it and the brown went right over the black hair. The dog itself is a light purple, which will come out when it heals up. The flowers will be done in pink and other colors and I'm going for the sleeve.

It was done at Studio 69 on Long island, NY by Gina Sherry. I have forged a great relationship with her over the years. She was totally psyched to do it and we made up a lot of the details as we went along.

Rob

Wow man, 31 years? Sounds like will be a great looking sleeve when done. They are usually depicted in pairs so will you be adding another shishi?

I sat in the chair for 4 hours last nite having an old fu-dog freshened up. My forearm is still swollen and bruised up here and there. I have the 2nd appointment for early 2014 to finish the whole forearm.

Rob

1488129_10153559240410527_18058759_n_thumb.jpg

That turned out great, but I think the original looked really fuckin' cool for a thirty year old tattoo! I really dig how the long fur looks when it's a little "blurred" from old age too. I would definitely have kept it if that was on my arm.

Wow man, 31 years? Sounds like will be a great looking sleeve when done. They are usually depicted in pairs so will you be adding another shishi?

I've seen them in my tattoo books in pairs, not really enough room for another one. I shoulda thunk it out a little better back in 1982.

That turned out great, but I think the original looked really fuckin' cool for a thirty year old tattoo! I really dig how the long fur looks when it's a little "blurred" from old age too. I would definitely have kept it if that was on my arm.

The rest of my tattoo work is fairly new, this was the oldest piece on me and it was getting hard to make out the features on it. The hair could be a little finer now that I look at it, I'll discuss it when I go for round II with my artist.

I've seen them in my tattoo books in pairs, not really enough room for another one. I shoulda thunk it out a little better back in 1982.

The rest of my tattoo work is fairly new, this was the oldest piece on me and it was getting hard to make out the features on it. The hair could be a little finer now that I look at it, I'll discuss it when I go for round II with my artist.

Nah, I don't think that he was implying the hair in the re-work needs to be finer, just that he liked it in the original. While I agree that the original looked great, especially for it's age, I think if most of your work is new, it probably didn't fit super well with everything else.

Morning LST, after a long trip I made it home. As promised here is a pic of my finished (for now) back. Not the best pic but I'll see if I can get a better one ASAP. Completed over 5 sessions by Horinao at The Catclaw Tattoo-z Kyoto... I'm going to go pass out for a bit lol.

o0480071812772158497.jpg

Very nice mate. How many hours?