Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

And this happened yesterday! I love Caturdays. By Horitomo at State of Grace (duh!). The outline and black shading are by machine. The white shading is by tebori. My first tattoo that uses color ;-)

http://www.intagme.com/horitomo_stateofgrace/625645608470926116_177828155/

I swear I have the fugliest feet in all of Hobbiton. Ha! Well, before the tattoo that is.

And this happened yesterday! I love Caturdays. By Horitomo at State of Grace (duh!). The outline and black shading are by machine. The white shading is by tebori. My first tattoo that uses color ;-)

I swear I have the fugliest feet in all of Hobbiton. Ha! Well, before the tattoo that is.

Very cool. That's a lot of solid white, any concerns to how that may hold up?

HORITOMO (@horitomo_stateofgrace) | Just finished | Intagme - The Best Instagram Widget

Son of a bitch! I hate you, by which I mean I am sickly jealous of you right now. Those are outstanding!

Got these swallows done by Jeff Zuck in Ann Arbor after a few forum members recommendations.

Love it

IMG_0469_1.jpg

Very cool! I saw this on Instagram today. Did he do that cool elephant, too?

- - - Updated - - -

If I didn't like you so much, I would definitely hate you. I have more work from Horitomo than you do, but that doesn't mean I don't feel a deep, visceral jealousy when I look at these (co-sign, @Graeme). Congrats, buddy!

Very cool! I saw this on Instagram today. Did he do that cool elephant, too?

- - - Updated - - -

If I didn't like you so much, I would definitely hate you. I have more work from Horitomo than you do, but that doesn't mean I don't feel a deep, visceral jealousy when I look at these (co-sign, @Graeme). Congrats, buddy!

Thanks. The Elephant was done by Michael aul. He's done a ton of great sailor jerry pieces for me.

Just finished off my right shoulder. It's now linked with my chest piece. I'll post a pic next week, when I finish the other shoulder. As usual the work was done by Tim Pausinger at The Pearl. I'm also on the cancellation list for Mark Cross who is guesting at The Pearl in a week or so. His schedule filled up fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished off my right shoulder. It's now linked with my chest piece. I'll post a pic next week, when I finish the other shoulder. As usual the work was done by Tim Pausinger at The Pearl. I'm also on the cancellation list for Mark Cross who is guesting at The Pearl in a week or so. His schedule filled up fast!

Ooooo good luck, I hope you get a spot!

Thanks all. It was a pleasure to be tattooed by him. Also I got to see a large painting he did of a cat with Fudo Myo-o for an art exhibit. He previewed the start of it on IG maybe 3 posts ago.

@TaeTae, You know, it really never occurred to me to think about how well it would hold up. Horitomo asked if he could use white ink. What Horitomo wants, Horitomo gets. I'm sure it'll hold well. Tebori really gets the ink in there I've been told.

Thanks all. It was a pleasure to be tattooed by him. Also I got to see a large painting he did of a cat with Fudo Myo-o for an art exhibit. He previewed the start of it on IG maybe 3 posts ago.

@TaeTae, You know, it really never occurred to me to think about how well it would hold up. Horitomo asked if he could use white ink. What Horitomo wants, Horitomo gets. I'm sure it'll hold well. Tebori really gets the ink in there I've been told.

Yeah it's interesting, I was told solid white almost always turns a pale yellow after time, but maybe it will hold better with tebori.

Yeah it's interesting, I was told solid white almost always turns a pale yellow after time, but maybe it will hold better with tebori.

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with white ink but have heard about weird discoloration issues too. Something about tube types or stencil ink getting into the tattoo or some oddity. I hear it, but then I see things like the Horitoshi Family or others using large fields of it in their work. Every flower. Horitomo actually asked if I wanted the white shaded by machine or tebori, so I'm sure it wasn't an issue. I'm guessing it's probably some rumor from LA Ink type media or from people less skilled.

Maybe it turns yellow because the person is Asian. I'll let you know when it heals then. Ha ha ;-)

Congrats @Mark Bee. Looking forward to seeing. And yes good luck with the booking. I had not heard of Mark Cross but just looked him up. BOLD !!!! Awesome.

How do you find out about guests at the Pearl ? I check their blog often but never see guests announced. Twitter or some such thang I don't engage in...yet....I suppose...

Congrats @Mark Bee. Looking forward to seeing. And yes good luck with the booking. I had not heard of Mark Cross but just looked him up. BOLD !!!! Awesome.

How do you find out about guests at the Pearl ? I check their blog often but never see guests announced. Twitter or some such thang I don't ingage in...yet....I suppose...

Thanks, @guitguy. I'm really looking forward to getting it finished. As for finding out about guests, I find out usually from being in the shop and talking to people. I don't think they regularly post about guests on their website. I don't think the shop has a twitter feed either.