Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Even though traditional isnt my first choice, this is fantastic!

Wasn't mine either, to be honest. But what I had in mind looks good on paper but not on skin, and since my artist likes this style the most I said fuck it, and went with it. Meaning I fully trusted him that we will deliver something awesome. And he did and I do not regret in the slightest.

This past summer, I was sitting on the bench at Congress St tattoo, waiting for Chad Koeplinger to finish up the appt before mine. Turns out he was running a bit later than I initially thought and it was going be a little while till we could start. Soooo, I took advantage of the extra time and had Jebb Riley start a pretty huge panther coverup. Honestly, while I had been planning on covering up an older tattoo that I have, I didn't approach Jebb with that idea initially, but rather I just wanted get a nice medium sized tattoo by an artist I really liked, while I waited for Chad. After looking at his very awesome sketch book, I saw a really awesome little panther, and well, one thing led to another, and I couldn't be happier.

The night of my appt with Chad, he just lined the panther. This past Saturday he added the roses (love them), and did most of the shading. 4 and 1/2 hrs, and not all of it peachy :)

One more session to go for some more shading and color. Jebb is an awesome dude, and I had a blast getting this tattoo.

btw- initials were clearly there before, and spared during the coverup (hoping to have him clean them up the next time) The actual tattoo getting covered is a medium sized celtic knot tattoo from about 20 years ago. It was done well initially, then I made the mistake of having someone else touch it up. It was scarred and screwed from then on.

SORRY ABOUT THE SAGGY PANTS!! I was a mess at the end.

---fixed pics! Thanks @MadeIndelible ----

1544358_10203102491711043_339277509_n.jpg

Excuse the awful picture, I'm out of town visiting my boyfriend and had to use his phone to try to get a pic. I'll have to try to get a better one when I get home. Had this done yesterday by Jason Reeder. This is my second piece from him, it's on the inside of my right leg (he did an owl and mouse for me on the outside of the same leg). The ears KILLED and that was by far my most painful tattoo experience thus far; it might be hard to tell from the pic, but they creep up to the side of my knee and the back one almost goes into my knee ditch. I thought this would finish off my leg, but I have a patch of open skin on my shin and the back of my calf is still open, so it looks like I have some more work to get done before the project is finished. Probably throw some moths in some of that space, and Jason is trying to talk me into getting a bat, we'll see. :D

Wow @RScott that sleeve is amazing!!!

And @Synesthesia that rabbit is looking so nice!

Here's the fox I got yesterday from Ron Wells, tough to get a good photo. Was supposed to fly in, get the tattoo, and fly back out last night but due to the snow storm I'm now stuck in NYC until tomorrow. So getting this little guy has turned into an unexpected vacation / adventure / chance to hang out with old friends.

CDUxOHq.jpg