Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I'm a little self conscious about posting this here bc I am super naked and super swollen - but to be fair, she DID buy me dinner before taking these pics...I'm nothing if not consistent ;). I will post better pics after the healing is done. Taken from Junii's instagram. Blue peony is on the front of thigh next to the karajishi, everything else is down the leg. Next session is at the end of April to finish connecting the waterfall and adding color to the kingyo. I was expecting only to do my thigh, adding some more rocks and peonies, and had come specifically dressed so that I would not have to reveal my lazily hairy legs (TMI? Sorry folks.) but ended up, as usual, prancing around the back of the shop naked from the waist down. Oy vey. I'll get it right one of these days ;). lfLoCUBbQMhttp://instagram.com/p/lfLoCUBbQM/ Edit: BAH, how do I get the picture inline????

I'm a little self conscious about posting this here bc I am super naked and super swollen - but to be fair' date=' she DID buy me dinner before taking these pics...I'm nothing if not consistent ;). I will post better pics after the healing is done. Taken from Junii's instagram. Blue peony is on the front of thigh next to the karajishi, everything else is down the leg. Next session is at the end of April to finish connecting the waterfall and adding color to the kingyo. I was expecting only to do my thigh, adding some more rocks and peonies, and had come specifically dressed so that I would not have to reveal my lazily hairy legs (TMI? Sorry folks.) but ended up, as usual, prancing around the back of the shop naked from the waist down. Oy vey. I'll get it right one of these days ;). http://instagram.com/p/lfLoCUBbQM/ Edit: BAH, how do I get the picture inline????

Edit:

Is it working now @BrianH?

@beez AMAZING tattoo! You can see the Horitoshi influence but she does have a style of her own. What a fantastic artist to be working with, you're very lucky!

Thanks much! I agree! PS I popped over into your gallery, your tattoo is coming along so VERY nicely. Gorgeous work!

Almost there! Looks rad. @beez

Almost there with this part, but we have sooo much more to go!! Next up is the Shad x Junii snake and hannya collab....I knew it was gonna be a big snake...and it keeps getting bigger. Ankle to shoulder last I heard!!!!!! I'm excited to get the rest of the back started :p

What a compliment, @growltiger! Thank you!

While I live in Seattle, that tattoo is straight out of San Francisco. Junii @ Diamond Club. If you're ever in the states, SF is a premiere tattoo destination ;P.

@beez You know when you see something that makes you hold your breath because you want it so badly? Your tattoo just did that to me. That is so beautiful! Very inspiring. If I lived in seattle...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Got these bonji from Horimitsu today! They were done by machine, too small for him to tebori. Still awesome and very pleased. Please forgive the pic, they are still fresh and only a few hours old. They represent the Buddhist's Bosatsu for protection from evil.

13180891844_41c1e2b644.jpg

Glad you finally settled on something to finish your sleeves, do you know which Bosatsu they are associated with?

Glad you finally settled on something to finish your sleeves, do you know which Bosatsu they are associated with?

Not sure of the specific Bosatsu but I know the characters are the eight variants of Buddha (Fugen, Fudo, Monju, Kokuzo, Senju Kannon, Dainichi Nyorai, Seishi, and Amida Nyorai). If I have room or think of the right place for it I will eventually get the bonji for the Komyo Shingon (mantra of light).

@ironchef, I love it when sleeves are capped by bonji. Very nice. I've been debating getting that done myself, but I've little room between the end of my sleeve and hand. Especially at the wrist bone. Kokuzo Bosatsu being my birth Patron though.

Can I ask you the significance of, if I'm right, Fugen Bosatsu and Fudo Myo-o being red vs. black? Was it Horimitsu's choice or did you ask for it?

@Lance I asked for the specific ones in red. Fugen is my birth year and guardian deity. I was born in the year of the dragon and I have a dragon 3/4 sleeve by Henning on my right arm. Made sense to highlight the Fugen on my right arm. For the left arm I chose Fudo Myoo to highlight in red. Being the immovable one and I also I like the flow and look of the written character a lot. The 8 Bosatsu together is a representation of all 12 Asian zodiac animals as well, a circle of life if you will and is basically protection from evil. I've always been superstitious (but not religious) so this all worked out.

I know most collectors who get bonji, especially capping sleeves, get them in black. I went in with the traditional mindset but wanted something a little unique and different. I also chose red because I've seen large bonji characters shaded in red with a red outline and it always looked outstanding to me.

Only thing I was bummed about is that I was looking forward to having these done in tebori but being that I have skinny arms and the characters stenciled out on the smaller side, he felt it best to do it by machine. I'm still happy with the results and experience and will definitely be getting future work from Mitsu sensei.

I got my daughter's name on my inner forarm on Feb. 27th at Pasha on fish tattoo parlor in Maryville TN. Artist name was Dustin. The tattoo is actually my avatar I been trying to post it but I'm not very computer literate. I managed to get both my tattoos loaded into my gallery I just don't know how to get it put in my post. If anyone could shoot me message telling how to put picture in post I be Happy to put it in them. Sorry not that computer smart lol.