Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Not exactly new, but I finally snapped a couple (poor quality) photos of my sleeves now that my Kore Flatmo piece is fully healed. I can't believe it's already been a year since it was done, and over 5 since I got my Kurt Wiscombe sleeve! Time flies!

PhotoGrid_1395611199685.jpg

PhotoGrid_1395617671731.jpg

PhotoGrid_1395617701199.jpg

PhotoGrid_1395617768791.jpg

Thanks for looking! I wish I had some better lighting for the photos! One day I'll get some nice ones taken!

I'm sure there is symbolism in that :) Looks great!!!

I asked for the specific ones in red. Fugen is my birth year and guardian deity. I was born in the year of the dragon and I have a dragon 3/4 sleeve by Henning on my right arm. Made sense to highlight the Fugen on my right arm. For the left arm I chose Fudo Myoo to highlight in red. Being the immovable one and I also I like the flow and look of the written character a lot. The 8 Bosatsu together is a representation of all 12 Asian zodiac animals as well, a circle of life if you will and is basically protection from evil. I've always been superstitious (but not religious) so this all worked out.

I know most collectors who get bonji, especially capping sleeves, get them in black. I went in with the traditional mindset but wanted something a little unique and different. I also chose red because I've seen large bonji characters shaded in red with a red outline and it always looked outstanding to me.

Only thing I was bummed about is that I was looking forward to having these done in tebori but being that I have skinny arms and the characters stenciled out on the smaller side, he felt it best to do it by machine. I'm still happy with the results and experience and will definitely be getting future work from Mitsu sensei.

@Rob I it was great meeting you and thanks for sharing your collection of tattoos with me. You have some outstanding work! Don't forget to try to make it up to the Montreal convention this year.

I also want to mention that all the LSTers I've met in real life have been some of the nicest and most down to earth people I've ever met.

Also here is the tattoo Chad Koeplinger made on me. Some of you may recognize the design from Valerie Vargas's snake flash set. I went in thinking Chad would only want to use the flash as a general reference and make his own design but he was super excited to do one of her flash designs so we stayed true to the original design. I am extremely happy to have this as the first piece of flash in my tattoo collection.

1459085_10100358810862366_1312328866_n.jpg

@Rob I it was great meeting you and thanks for sharing your collection of tattoos with me. You have some outstanding work! Don't forget to try to make it up to the Montreal convention this year.

I also want to mention that all the LSTers I've met in real life have been some of the nicest and most down to earth people I've ever met.

Also here is the tattoo Chad Koeplinger made on me. Some of you may recognize the design from Valerie Vargas's snake flash set. I went in thinking Chad would only want to use the flash as a general reference and make his own design but he was super excited to do one of her flash designs so we stayed true to the original design. I am extremely happy to have this as the first piece of flash in my tattoo collection.

Nice one, @BrianH! And I'll second your comment about meeting LST'ers.

@BrianH it looks so damn amazing!!!!! Was awesome watching him tattoo it and talking with you guys. I was so nervous, the banter really helped keep me chill.

Thanks for the compliments. Tremendously appreciated. I definitely hope to make the Montreal convention this year!! September??

What a great night!!!!!

@BrianH it looks so damn amazing!!!!! Was awesome watching him tattoo it and talking with you guys. I was so nervous, the banter really helped keep me chill.

Thanks for the compliments. Tremendously appreciated. I definitely hope to make the Montreal convention this year!! September??

What a great night!!!!!

I was bummed I didn't get to meet you guys. As I get older the tattoos kick my ass more and more....on top of the fact I decided to lift a bunch of weights the night before and waking up early it set me up for my post tattoo "nap" lasting 12 hours. Still a great time as always..... chipping away at my back and it's looking great.

I was bummed I didn't get to meet you guys. As I get older the tattoos kick my ass more and more....on top of the fact I decided to lift a bunch of weights the night before and waking up early it set me up for my post tattoo "nap" lasting 12 hours. Still a great time as always..... chipping away at my back and it's looking great.

There will be other times I'm sure!! I know how you feel. I am just a wreck after getting tattooed by Chad!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Latest session, two and a bit to go!

Hot damn! Awesome. I saw this earlier on Instagram and was blown away!