Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

@mmikaoj I don't even want to know how you're getting around (or not) with those bad boys on your heels right now... haha great stuff though!

Thanks! No, honestly these tattoos have been the worst ones I ever had to heal. I recommend getting a pair of sandals and being overly hygienic with the usual healing method. Right now it's been 10 days or so since I had them made and the itchiness is close to unbearable. Also lines look super rugged and swollen, much like I imagine a palm tattoo at this stage. I will have to have severe touch ups on these, saving that until autumn however.

I forgot to post this awesome little tattoo I got over the weekend. It's from an old piece of Ralph Johnson flash that I found in the amazing book Flash from the Past. It was tattooed by the lovely and talented Cat Bijou at Tattoomania in Montreal (photo stolen from her instagram).

fd2a5824bc5511e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg

Not only do I love it, but by some strange miracle, it is healing amazingly and didn't swell at all, despite being on the back of my goddamn thigh.

Hey guys,

This is my peacock 3/4 quarter sleeve, taken straight after yesterdays session so still pretty muddy and raw. It was done by Mie at Nine Tails Tattoo in East London,

a small shop that specializes in Japanese tattooing which I cannot recommend enough.

Started this tattoo as a cover up in november last year and will be getting the final touches on it in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to see how all the colors will come together when it is finished. I initially had all sorts of ideas about what colors I wanted for the peacock but in the end, the near finished piece is a testimony to the wisdom of trusting in your artist! So pleased with how its turned out.

So many beautiful tattoos on this thread...

I forgot to post this awesome little tattoo I got over the weekend. It's from an old piece of Ralph Johnson flash that I found in the amazing book Flash from the Past. It was tattooed by the lovely and talented Cat Bijou at Tattoomania in Montreal (photo stolen from her instagram).

Not only do I love it, but by some strange miracle, it is healing amazingly and didn't swell at all, despite being on the back of my goddamn thigh.

So cool. Always loved this flash, am debating going knee or elbow with it, not sure how that would look, but love this regardless.

Everytime I see this, I am blown away by how amazingly clean it is. It really is an amazing tattoo.

I've got a bad feeling. This is 2 weeks post. The fish isn't done yet. The halo is around nearly the entire fish, even the nose. It looked just the same now as it did right after the session. I was a little bruised in that area but it was a normal looking bruise that has faded - this is on the side of my back extending under my arm. This session hurt like hell and I was a little fidgey. The rest of the stuff on my back looks great - this looks like a different person did these two fish It's still scabbing so don't judge the chunky-looking parts. I took Advil this time, and never had before. Is this a big blow-out?

I sent a pic to the tattooer and he hasn't gotten back. I have a session on Friday and I'm considering cancelling it. If it's a tenacious bruise, it needs to heal. If it's not, maybe I need a new artist. I read online, and I am the stereotype of pale skin, older, thin skin.

I've got a bad feeling. This is 2 weeks post. The fish isn't done yet. The halo is around nearly the entire fish, even the nose. It looked just the same now as it did right after the session. I was a little bruised in that area but it was a normal looking bruise that has faded - this is on the side of my back extending under my arm. This session hurt like hell and I was a little fidgey. The rest of the stuff on my back looks great - this looks like a different person did these two fish It's still scabbing so don't judge the chunky-looking parts. I took Advil this time, and never had before. Is this a big blow-out?

I sent a pic to the tattooer and he hasn't gotten back. I have a session on Friday and I'm considering cancelling it. If it's a tenacious bruise, it needs to heal. If it's not, maybe I need a new artist. I read online, and I am the stereotype of pale skin, older, thin skin.

did the tattoo look like this immediately after the session? is he planning on background?

looks like a back shadow? or he was about to start the background but maybe decided to do it another time?

did the tattoo look like this immediately after the session? is he planning on background?

Yes, it looked immediately like this after the session. Yes, he is planning background - underwater sea scene. He said I was already bruising and I assumed that this was the bruise. I did have a smaller area of very light bruising, maybe that's what he meant. I don't know.

looks like a back shadow? or he was about to start the background but maybe decided to do it another time?

He is saving many parts of the background for later and concentrating on the critters to get their placement right, although in many places he's started the background of whatever is next to the fish as a transition. It very well could be background and I wondered about, but the texture looks like a tough bruise. It doesn't look intentional, but kind of mottled.

Yeah, it almost looks that same color as some of the shading in the fish itself, but it's hard to tell. I've never seen a blowout that looks like that.

Yes, it does look close in color, but he mixes colors all the time. The fish is slightly more slate colored in one spot, and a lighter blue in another.

Ugh @ironchef, is your "like" your belief this is a mistake? O_O

Be honest with me folks. I can take it. Ugh I feel all newbie now. If this is blowout or not intentional due to my delicate skin or whatever, this can easily be covered with background water. So I'm not freaked out in that sense. But if this is the artist, then I have a bigger problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a close-up on the fish's mouth. (Good lord, the scabbing was bad this time!) There is an orange outline there which I think is a placeholder for an orange sponge. He has a few of those elsewhere. But the shadow extends into that area, which makes me think this was not intentional if he planned to make that a sponge. Although, the shadow also goes right through the skinny black outline for a branching coral and that's NOT right next to the outline.

The shadow here makes it seem more compelling to me that this is a mistake.