Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Yes, it looked immediately like this after the session. Yes, he is planning background - underwater sea scene. He said I was already bruising and I assumed that this was the bruise. I did have a smaller area of very light bruising, maybe that's what he meant. I don't know.

He is saving many parts of the background for later and concentrating on the critters to get their placement right, although in many places he's started the background of whatever is next to the fish as a transition. It very well could be background and I wondered about, but the texture looks like a tough bruise. It doesn't look intentional, but kind of mottled.

Yes, it does look close in color, but he mixes colors all the time. The fish is slightly more slate colored in one spot, and a lighter blue in another.

Ugh @ironchef, is your "like" your belief this is a mistake? O_O

Be honest with me folks. I can take it. Ugh I feel all newbie now. If this is blowout or not intentional due to my delicate skin or whatever, this can easily be covered with background water. So I'm not freaked out in that sense. But if this is the artist, then I have a bigger problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a close-up on the fish's mouth. (Good lord, the scabbing was bad this time!) There is an orange outline there which I think is a placeholder for an orange sponge. He has a few of those elsewhere. But the shadow extends into that area, which makes me think this was not intentional if he planned to make that a sponge. Although, the shadow also goes right through the skinny black outline for a branching coral and that's NOT right next to the outline.

The shadow here makes it seem more compelling to me that this is a mistake.

honestly I wouldn't worry too much. If you are going to do a underwater background then that grey will be covered up with blue no? Also it look to me that it's not completely healed. If you are that concerned about it I would go and talk it over it your artist. Like I said I wouldn't freak out .

honestly I wouldn't worry too much. If you are going to do a underwater background then that grey will be covered up with blue no? Also it look to me that it's not completely healed. If you are that concerned about it I would go and talk it over it your artist. Like I said I wouldn't freak out .

It's my JOB to freak out - I'm a woman and this is my first big tattoo, LOL! I know, I can hear it in my voice, and I can feel you all rolling your collective virtual eyes.

No, not healed - 2 weeks old. Still no reply from my tattooer. I'm having trouble fitting into my patience pants.

And why hasn't anyone told me to just blast it over with a panther yet? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my JOB to freak out - I'm a woman and this is my first big tattoo, LOL! I know, I can hear it in my voice, and I can feel you all rolling your collective virtual eyes.

No, not healed - 2 weeks old. Still no reply from my tattooer. I'm having trouble fitting into my patience pants.

And why hasn't anyone told me to just blast it over with a panther yet? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha ok.. did you try visiting or calling the shop or are you emailing ? In my opinion it looks like the artist was about to start something but maybe decided to do it another time? So yeah I would just wait until your next appointment and talk it over . Plus it's super light so even if it was done on by mistake any background will cover that up very easy!! If you didn't talk about doing a background with the artist I can see how you may be concerned but...

Got my shin and knee done by Marie Sena in Dallas at Saints and Sinners. Can't say enough nice stuff about Marie and my experience with her. She's doing some 2nd layer/blast over stuff on one of my arms next and then she's doing the side and back of that thigh. Can't get a good picture of my leg...its either too dark in the house, too weird outside, or has to be too far away to get it all in the shot. You get the idea though.

Added 2 jellyfish and some coral background, but we had to stop early when my tattooer got sick. Sometimes it's hard to tell allergies from a cold until you crash, and he did, pretty hard right in the middle of the session. Ugh. Chewing Airbourne tabs now. Got a hotel I don't need now, although he was a good guy and offered to pay for the hotel. I didn't let him - it was a nice offer but I think stuff will shake out in the end. But I'm still using the room - can't let all those nice fluffy pillows and king bed to myself go to waste!

Recently got this done http://i.imgur.com/qcOwzGy.jpg Was possibly hoping to get some feedback on it. I do love it, but im thinking there might be a couple of things in there that could possibly be changed??(if possible, its definitely livable with) The fingers seem a little on the smaller scale with the palm and all, and how do you guys feel about the shading on the piece? Just looking for some opinions, much appreciated.

Recently got this done http://i.imgur.com/qcOwzGy.jpg Was possibly hoping to get some feedback on it. I do love it, but im thinking there might be a couple of things in there that could possibly be changed??(if possible, its definitely livable with) The fingers seem a little on the smaller scale with the palm and all, and how do you guys feel about the shading on the piece? Just looking for some opinions, much appreciated.

The palm doesn't look quite right to me. Wayyyy too big of circles/black shade there, but overall, it's not a bad tattoo. Nothing to really fix, but the base of that palm looks a bit funky to me.

However...it's nicer than some of my tattoos and far from bad. Just that the palm is throwing me off.

Got this koi a year ago - still learning and acquiring knowledge about the art and culture.

The artist is a guy in Thailand tattooing out of a private studio and still new in the game but versatile with what he does, this isn't finished and I'm due for another session. The language barrier isn't too bad however I think for something like a tattoo - communication is key and though things turned out well for me I now know it could have ended a bit differently.

In retrospect like many of us - I would have done it a bit differently - but overall I think he did a good job barring a few obvious details that could have been better.

got these 3 by Steve Byrne last week and a couple from Bert Krak and Eli while i was in new york for the day they've all healed really fast and and looking very clean really happy with them all

Instagram

Instagram

Instagram

Oh man those are absolutely beautiful! Really wanna get tattooed by Steve Byrne, I'm gonna be heading to Texas next year so will try and get and get tattooed by him then, is he hard to get an appointment with? If not I might try and catch him if he comes to the London tattoo convention. Congratulations again on having such amazing tattoos.