Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

That's a drag, @polliwog. I suspect you are correct - its better to give as much notice as possible. Hopefully you can get re-booked soon!

I hope so. I feel like such a schmuck because I JUST made it, too. And he's a guest artist who really went out of his way to accommodate me. Fuck fuck fuck

That's a great octopus.

I continue my thema story on my left leg with a different tattoo for each of my favorite song from music band named "The Prodigy"...Beside the ambulance of "Take me to the hospital" here now is my voodoo doll related to song "Voodoo people" of course.

I let my tattoo artist the choice of the colours and for me the result is just AMAZING... I'd like it so much.

Tattoo done at Longwy (FRANCE) by Fabien Lejeune (Rapid needle Movement)

@scubaron I can't even with that octopus! Yoni is so fucking good!

Yoni is a really nice cool guy too.

I was complimenting a dragon tattoo he had on his instagram. He asked me if I wanted one. I said yes, but my wife used her veto power and said no to dragons because they look evil and scary. He replied, not my dragons, I do happy dragons. Kind of funny.

I continue my thema story on my left leg with a different tattoo for each of my favorite song from music band named "The Prodigy"...Beside the ambulance of "Take me to the hospital" here now is my voodoo doll related to song "Voodoo people" of course.

I let my tattoo artist the choice of the colours and for me the result is just AMAZING... I'd like it so much.

Tattoo done at Longwy (FRANCE) by Fabien Lejeune (Rapid needle Movement)

What're you gonna get for "Smack My Bitch Up?!" hahaa :D

My latest tattoo done yesterday, by Jason Dunavan at Church Street Tattoo in Champaign, IL. A dagger running through a heart from my lower sternum to my belly button, with wings coming off the heart wrapping on my ribs under my breasts. Banner across the heart reading "Follow Your Bliss". I was in the shop for almost 5 hours, but between the transfer and a few breaks I'd say I was only being tattooed for four of those. Longest session I've done, and as it turns out the most painful right from the start. Especially on the sternum. Had to break out a numbing solution to get me through.

I had fell in love with tattoos between the breasts, and eventually settled on this design. The banner, while is may seem simple, references back to lyrics from the song "Can't Be Saved" by Senses Fail that says "Follow your bliss, it reads on my chest, I know I got it tattooed for a reason."

There is no huge "personal" connection for me with this tattoo. I'm one for thinking not every tattoo has to have a huge story behind it, as long as you're sure you want it for the rest of your life.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/heart-tattoos/16719-chest-and-ribs-piece.html

Here is two updates for me. We are 12 hours in now (2 x 6 hour sessions). First one was all the linework and yesterday was nothing but shading and coloring, I can't wait to get it finished off so we can start on my other arm!

Linkylinks

Linework

Instagram

yesterdays session

Instagram

The artist is Dan Bursell, ex Westside Tattoo (Brisbane Australia). I'll be having him do my other arm too as I love his work.

Healed koi from last month

Cool @Zillah!

General question. I've always been curious what the sparkle/fuzzy circle is that some artists draw on koi heads. This may be a first I've seen it on the body as well come to think of it. Do you (or anyone else) know what it's supposed to be? I'm curious because after seeing it drawn often I once saw someone sketch a swastika on the koi head (possibly in it's place?) but the Client opted not to have it done for obvious reasons.

Didn't get done today. I think one more session should finish the shading and get the color in. Feck was it getting tender. Has a lot more detail to it than I thought it would have, but I'm not complaining! And holy balls on cleaning it when we got home. I about came unglued a couple times and I can handle some shit. It is SO red and swollen hahahahaha oh Lordy the only thing you can do is laugh and wonder why you're so damn dumb to do such things to yourself.

Got it done at Big Brain in Omaha, Dominic did mine, and Josh is working on JD's. I'll post his next. The peony on the inside of my arm is going to be so gorgeous-I wish it was on the outside! I better lose about 30lbs so I can just walk around and flex my arm all day to show it off. Will be adding to it, at least to curve around the frog (he's staying-I love frogs- but maybe he will be freshened up since he's kinda old) and meet the cherry blossom in the middle of the back of my neck. When that is done I will decide if I want to continue the theme around the cherry blossoms and down the other arm, or leave it and just add a few more blossoms and some wind on that arm instead.

I never planned to go that low either, on the arm. I feel like a bad ass.

- - - Updated - - -

JD's. One more session on his, and then he will decide what he wants to do, to expand it to his elbow, and I think he will put something across the top of his back and connect it down the other arm to the elbow.

Cool @Zillah!

General question. I've always been curious what the sparkle/fuzzy circle is that some artists draw on koi heads. This may be a first I've seen it on the body as well come to think of it. Do you (or anyone else) know what it's supposed to be? I'm curious because after seeing it drawn often I once saw someone sketch a swastika on the koi head (possibly in it's place?) but the Client opted not to have it done for obvious reasons.

I wish I knew. It's been bugging me that I have something tattooed on me that I don't know what the hell it is. I was too embarrassed to ask. Thank you for not knowing either ;-)