Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Tattoos take as long as they take, there's not much to be gained in comparing the speed at which different tattooers tattoo, especially when they're working in very different styles.

Sigh, I knooowwwwwww. I was just way off in my own internal estimation of how long this would take. Little teeny-tiny scales with little teeny-tiny shadows and little teeny-tiny glints of sun off of each one. Aughghgh! :rolleyes:

Just file this in the bitch-bitch-whine-whine folder.

Sigh, I knooowwwwwww. I was just way off in my own internal estimation of how long this would take. Little teeny-tiny scales with little teeny-tiny shadows and little teeny-tiny glints of sun off of each one. Aughghgh! :rolleyes:

Just file this in the bitch-bitch-whine-whine folder.

As my tattooer once said while working on my backpiece "be thankful you've got a tiger there, not some dragon - just imagine how tattooing all those damn scales would feel and how long would it take!". lol

As my tattooer once said while working on my backpiece "be thankful you've got a tiger there, not some dragon - just imagine how tattooing all those damn scales would feel and how long would it take!". lol

Well, THANKS there for that, my friend, LOL! ;) And I'm talking scales on FISH! ::facepalm::

I like your tattooer's attitude. Mine purposely avoided any conversation of time commitment ... he just said he couldn't estimate it based on how my skin would take the ink, how I healed, etc. He didn't really mislead me, but in my naivete, I had no concept of the magnitude of this effort. He asked me to book several sessions ahead...so I booked several ahead...which turned into several more ...

If someone had said SeeSea, this is gonna take over a year of your life, sitting every 3-ish weeks, with 2-3 passes over every square inch of your back...I don't know what I would have done. So, in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't know and didn't have to agonize over that decision. On the other hand, it's trashed my spring, summer and fall running seasons and significantly damaged my ability to eat all the Reece's Peanut Butter Cups I want.

And in other news, I continue to have a serious girl-crush on your back!

@SeeSea Hey, I've got a dragon on my arm (plenty of tiny scales) and also a raven on my back (those damn feathers were a nightmare!) lol Strangely, I did enjoy outlining them. I guess it's because of short and rather straight lines. Much less painful than long curvy ones.

Strangely, I did enjoy outlining them. I guess it's because of short and rather straight lines. Much less painful than long curvy ones.

COMPLETELY AGREE! I have very few looooong lines and they are generally a BIG SURPRISE when they come! LOL!

A little in-progress shot my wife posted on Instagram of the peony on her elbow from Martin Lacasse at Olde City Tattoo. You can see the back of the snake as well. That's also the first peony that bloomed in our yard this spring.

a7584767-1834-444e-986a-ed377231d382.jpg

Here's an in-progress shot he posted of the snake. From @lacassetattoo.

9b13840b-bade-43a0-ae51-bc048045cf1b.png

Finally, here's the ditch peony.

190d3e81-7c8e-4139-a566-c2590be80a1d.png

@Eilin, you are the envy of Last Sparrow! That monmon, crazy good in itself, but paired with your panther is amazeballs!

- - - Updated - - -

A little in-progress shot my wife posted on Instagram of the peony on her elbow from Martin Lacasse at Olde City Tattoo. You can see the back of the snake as well. That's also the first peony that bloomed in our yard this spring.

a7584767-1834-444e-986a-ed377231d382.jpg

Here's an in-progress shot he posted of the snake. From @lacassetattoo.

9b13840b-bade-43a0-ae51-bc048045cf1b.png

Finally, here's the ditch peony.

190d3e81-7c8e-4139-a566-c2590be80a1d.png

Those colors are amazing! It almost tempts me to switch away from black & gray ;-)

Seriously though, those are great!

Somewhat related to new tattoos, but did anyone see those 2 new sleeves that Stewart Robson just posted on Instagram? My god, those have to be some of the best pair of sleeves I've ever seen. Huge, super readable, very innovative design, simple yet detailed, solid, smooth, it's got everything. I can't even express how amazing they are. *swoon*

I headed over to the Okey Doke tattoo shop on College St. in Toronto this morning to get a tattoo by Franz Stefanik. What an amazing experience. Here is my latest tattoo, as I continue to work on my legs.

Nice! I love Franz's stuff. One day I'll make it down there and get something by him.

I was just in Toronto yesterday to get an Arya [GoT] inspired ladyhead by Lizzie at Speakeasy. I'll post a picture when it's healed up.