Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Late answer:

@jimmyirish glad you're so into it! I am too, the more I look at it the more I like it!

We haven't decided on the day yet, I'll let them two decide and then I'll probably post in the London Tattoo Con-thread here on LST in case anyone else is interested.

@Iwar Thank you! Yes the plan is to have them both work in all the sessions. We are aiming for 4 or 5 sessions, they are both really quick. I just need to bite down hard and let them hurt me for long enough each time haha..

Literally just got home from getting my elbow / forearm done. Typing with one hand is kind of a bitch.

Anybody have any methods to help stop yourself from twitching? She had to make a couple lines thicker to cover up where I had a little spasm. Surprisingly, the elbow was one of the least painful parts. Wrists are a tender area, apparently. :p

1403303061360.jpg

Caroline Tattersall from Good Point, if anyone is in the area. She did my other one for me, as well. Sorry for the shitty picture, cell phones, eh?

Snip.

I gather from the silence of disapproval that there's something glaringly wrong with this (or maybe the whole thing) that I'm missing, and I hope nobody takes this as me attention whoring, but I'd really like to know what that is. To my untrained eye, it looks fine. Of course, y'know, that's why I came here. I love tattoos and I wanna know as much as I possibly can.

Plus, I can deal with having an objectively bad tattoo because I, personally, love the shit out of it. It's the not knowing that's really getting to me. Apologies if I should have tossed up a picture in the good / bad tattoo thread and asked there, I just figured that one was more for asking general questions and not specifics about our own tattoos.

Not commenting on the tattoo itself - but the photo for me was mainly a photo of a sink and a mirror and only a tiny amount of tattoo...

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't know why it's so bloody huge. You gotta scroll to the right to actually see it. Unless you tried that already?

I gather from the silence of disapproval that there's something glaringly wrong with this (or maybe the whole thing) that I'm missing, and I hope nobody takes this as me attention whoring, but I'd really like to know what that is. To my untrained eye, it looks fine. Of course, y'know, that's why I came here. I love tattoos and I wanna know as much as I possibly can.

Plus, I can deal with having an objectively bad tattoo because I, personally, love the shit out of it. It's the not knowing that's really getting to me. Apologies if I should have tossed up a picture in the good / bad tattoo thread and asked there, I just figured that one was more for asking general questions and not specifics about our own tattoos.

Hey @Dog Bite The most important thing is that you like it. Tastes vary widely here, as everywhere else. Welcome to LST!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @Dog Bite The most important thing is that you like it. Tastes vary widely here, as everywhere else. Welcome to LST!

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, thanks! For some reason I got super worried about it being badly done. I suppose that's just inexperience and post-"Holy shit I have this forever" jitters.

Hopefully next time I won't be so neurotic. :P

We're all a little neurotic, welcome to the club...& LST.

Rocked in this morning to have a look at this heavy, slam back of the neck panthers head tattoo, but gonna wait a couple of weeks until on leave as it's gonna be faaarkin brutal!

After a bit of a chat, a couple of cold ones, we had one of them spontaneous moments and slammed an old time bird behind the ear & threw my kids names in. Nice & simple :) The only words I have tattooed on my skin.

Good time tattoo Sunday.

I like it just fine @Dog Bite. Thinking about adding color or no? Best not to get too hung up on little imperfections (not that I see any glaring problems). Just get more tattoos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I wanted colour so I decided to just get the outline and live with that for a while, but so far I'm already of the mind that it could use some. I figure I'll still give it a month or two past once it's healed, think it over some more. Better safe than sorry, and that.

Definitely agree with the others. The opinion that matters most is your own. If you like it, that is what counts.

This is a great board with a lot of varying tastes. American traditional and Japanese styles seem very popular and other styles don't get as many posts or compliments.

Thanks!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I wanted colour so I decided to just get the outline and live with that for a while, but so far I'm already of the mind that it could use some. I figure I'll still give it a month or two past once it's healed, think it over some more. Better safe than sorry, and that.

I really like tattoos with tattoos and that one would really pop with some light blue diamonds for example but ask your artist!