Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Getting tattooed by Thomas hooper at the bay con I'm pretty fucking stoked

- - - Updated - - -

I never got around to posting this Eddy Deutsche tattoo I got at Temple...

What an amazing experience this was!!

Thinking of him doing a fudo on my neck. His fudo heads are so cool and he seems like a humble guy

Went to NYC for the first time and got this from Eli Quinters.

I also got a lady head from Steve Boltz, which I am in love with, but all the pictures I tried to take were shit. Maybe I'll try again when it's healed...or maybe I'll just keep it to myself.

Love this!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. This is a wonderful artist. He makes great tattoos that awesome body. His style is unique in the world I'll give you a reference, look and tell us what you think?

Мои новые татуировки 2012-2014

Тату иннормизм (Делаю такие тату ..

I looked around many of these, and some are neat and seem to be amazingly executed. But there's something that bothers me a little - it feels like there is a theme with many of them that the tattoo owns the person rather than the other way around. Like a body is there simply for the display of the tattoo and somewhat subservient to the tattoo.

Well, maybe that's too deep. I've been away diving and probably sucked down a little too much of the wrong gas.

Got an appointment tomorrow afternoon to get my hotstuff and leg tattoos touched up by OllieXXX...and likely a spontaneous draw-on banger (not sure what but I am in the mood for a tear-out!).

well. i did not get my touchups. but i did get a new tattoo which did involve a tear-out:

red_rocket_thumb.jpg

My pug. Winston. Riding the red rocket. Which was really hilarious. Until I got a call 3/4 of the way through the tattoo that my mother passed away. Shout out to my pal Ollie for working like lightning to finish the tattoo before my ride showed up to go see my family. So some more to add to the arguement that a tattoo is more than just a silly picture on your skin. It's not just about "what" the tattoo is of or the "why"...but the "where" and "when" and "who" of the experience is of equal importance. A colourful timestamp for this lifetime. And now I'm left with a lot of sorrow to deal with, a good laugh and a great tattoo. Laughter is the best medicine. And my Mom really loved my idiot pug. But I think my next tattoo will be little more serious and carry a lot more weight. Peace.

My pug. Winston. Riding the red rocket. Which was really hilarious. Until I got a call 3/4 of the way through the tattoo that my mother passed away. Shout out to my pal Ollie for working like lightning to finish the tattoo before my ride showed up to go see my family. So some more to add to the arguement that a tattoo is more than just a silly picture on your skin. It's not just about "what" the tattoo is of or the "why"...but the "where" and "when" and "who" of the experience is of equal importance. A colourful timestamp for this lifetime. And now I'm left with a lot of sorrow to deal with, a good laugh and a great tattoo. Laughter is the best medicine. And my Mom really loved my idiot pug. But I think my next tattoo will be little more serious and carry a lot more weight. Peace.

So sorry for your loss. Remember that others will be stressed and emotional at times like this, and may lash out through their pain. Remember the good times and dwell on them, time will take care of the rest.

This is a really terrible picture but I got this cigar smoking frog from El Monga at Aloha Tattoo Barcelona yesterday. I am super stoked that he decided to attach himself to my leg because I think we're going to have some good adventures together.

@bongsau Really sorry for your loss, and my deepest condolences. Sometimes it's the silly little tattoos that have the deepest significance.

post-3821-146168869864_thumb.jpg

@bongsau sorry for your loss.

I had my ribs punished on Sunday by Andre Malcolm, who also did finished a Kirin on my brother the day before.

The sunday was one of the hardest sessions I've done, mostly due to a very enthusiastic drinking host the evening before, can't speak highly enough of the guys at Skull and Sword though, really looked after us out of towners!

Would have loved to meet up with some of you Bay Area types, but was pretty much a fly in/fly out deal. Next time!

*damn you tapatalk, see Instagram @__andre_skullnsword__

Edited by Orangutango
Tapatalk wont let me add photo...

I'm gonna wait til I get a better pic to post, but Grez did the whole back of my leg today. Topped off with the back of my knee. One of the longer sessions I've had in a few years, but it was totally worth it. We also got to talk a little bit about my left arm, which he'll be sleeving starting in January.

@bongsau Such a bittersweet day. My thoughts are with you and your family, I hope the coming times are of little stress and much closure. Great tattoo though!

@Orangutango you are a beast, that thing is no joke. Kinda jealous that you got to spend so much time with Andre, he's a really great dude and has a great sense of humor.