Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

That looks better then the sketch... Placement is perfect and you are a tough dude getting all those lines done in one shot. How long was that session?

I love the placement. I wanted a BIG tiger and I got one. The way the snake is placed and moves with my back is super awesome too, and it's going to be rad when the scales/patterns in the snake are in. It was about 4h30-4h45 of tattooing.

I love the placement. I wanted a BIG tiger and I got one. The way the snake is placed and moves with my back is super awesome too, and it's going to be rad when the scales/patterns in the snake are in. It was about 4h30-4h45 of tattooing.

Agreed, seen some great snakes on backs. They get very creative with the large space. That's a good time for that much line work. Hope you enjoyed some cold ones after your session.... YOU EARNED IT!!!!!

Traveled from NY to SF this past weekend to skull and sword. Hungout with some of my favorite artists and what happened next is pure magic that only a stellar human by the name of Yutaro can provide. This is my Baku!

wow man that is real nice. makes me want to get my head tattooed even more :rolleyes:

@Mark Bee Looks fantastic! Any plans for the other knee?

I'll tattoo it one of these days, when I find a design that really works. I had a terrible time deciding what to do in the first place. Now that I've done one, I'm not intimidated about doing the other one. It wasn't so bad. And 24 hours later, I'm basically fine and fully functional.

Now that this is (mostly) healed up, here is my latest from Grez. What do you do when you love Catholic imagery but haven't gone to church since you were a kid? You throw the best mascot in sports in a virgin Mary shroud. Grez is a big baseball fan, so he took the idea and ran with it, including adding the Liberty Bell in place of the sacred heart.

c683b85b-716f-435d-ae03-d7ddb9ddd3c2.jpg

Edit: he also did those cats last fall. They've settled in nicely.

Finally got around to getting some pictures of my completed Nue half sleeve and chest plate. This was completed back in March by Brian Bruno at Absolute Art Tattoo and I can't recommend him enough. It's a really good shop full of great people.

Gaahh, Bruno is so fucking good!! Great descisions my friend. That's a killer tattoo, and I'm a little bit jealous to be honest. I've Been thinking about getting a Nue myself for a while now. Such a cool design.

@Graeme that is such a powerful start to you back my friend. Are you going to add a full background to it in the end or is it going to be the stand alone image?

We're doing a full background of wind, water, and maple leaves. I believe we're going to line that next session, probably along with the scales/patterns on the snake.

@Hospitelli That is great! Brian Bruno is one of my favorites, I'd love to make the trip to VA one day to get something from him.