1. SStu

SStu

2. JAC1961

JAC1961

• So I got my first tattoo that will be visible and I’m on day 5 healing.  I ended up going to the doc on day 3 and was diagnosed with cellulitis.  So I’ve been on antibiotics for 2 full days.  The redness and swelling is going down.    I followed the after care instructions of remove bandage after 4 hours, wash and light lotion (I used cetaphil lotion).    2 days after the tattoo, it started swelling up and oozing plasma like crazy.  I’m just washing it and letting it dry, I’m not putting anything on it other than non-stock bandages which I change out.  These were recommended by my doc because the plasma starts dripping off my arm in minutes.  Tattoo is located on inner forearm.  I’ve never had any issues with my tattoos on my torso.    I’ve tried letting it air dry without a bandage but it leaks so much plasma.  I’ve been in touch with the artist but she quit responding and seems to be at a loss.    so basically I’m just wondering if anyone’s seen a tattoo like this heal ok?    First pic is fresh, second pic is from is after washing this morning, day five.  I air dried it and it’s still really puffy and oozy. 
    • Perhaps I can PM. I'm not even sure I want it up for the world to see yet.
    • I read them all lol. I can possibly PM a picture but I'm so unsure about the tattoo. My biggest concern on top the work itself is how worried I am about the chemicals in the pigments, especially titanium dioxide given my piece has a lot of color and white. Something I never even considered before hand ironically. I feel like I should have went with grey wash if I got anything and I never wanted color originally but after seeing the sketch it seemed to make sense at the time. I suppose it doesn't help this is my second tattoo and it was 9 hours on the ribs.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Topics

• Blog Entries