Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

That is absolutely beautiful!!! I love his buddhist tattoos. Especially yours. It's really beginning to change my thoughts on future tattoo work subject matter.

@redoid, I noticed I the second image Shige mentions, "Congratulations on the completion of the first project.". May I ask if you have more planned with him? And what?

@Lance

Its a huge project and right arm was just the beginning even though it took 50+ hours for this sleeve. Next is left, different deity, goes on par with the boddhisatva already on the right. And then, IF my wish comes true, I continue with full back, a special piece that will complete the full story. So for full completion, 2.5 yrs will be needed.

More back work from chad. We added animal heads to my ass 2 appointments ago as well as 1/2 the cloud background. He gets so booked up when he comes that I never get a chance to sit long enough to get a bunch of work on it but we chip aways each time and chad makes this look great. I think i have 3-5 more appointments. I may post a picture when its done but I dont really want to post my ass on here because besides the tattoo its disgusting.

@eisen777, I think that's the best way to get tattooed by Chad. Short but semi frequent sessions. He is so brutal, it's hard to sit for very long with him (at least it is for me). I think the longest I have sat, so far, with him was during the second session of my chest. He did all of the shading and coloring that night, and I think that was close to (but definitely not over) 3 hrs.

@eisen777, I know it's a bummer. We have been spoiled by his frequent visits. I am HOPING to make the Montreal Convention this year, and also plan on going to visit him next year as well.. I have no idea how long my back is going to take. I'm assuming a while, but I don't have plans on extending it, so not nearly as long as yours.

@Rob I I'm am looking to visit him next year as well (also hit up hooper) I think he will be able to do 2 appointments on me this year so it's not so bad. I'm just happy he's tattooing me and I'm antsy to get more from him. That said I love my back, I feel like its a little different then what he usually does a bit more simple and less on the hardy influence and more simple claassic tattooing but still looks like chad did it. The eagle is far less stylized then usual and more "folk art".At first I was kinda sad it wasn't as involved as the other backs he does but the more he works on it the more I realize how well it fits me and I couldn't imagine anything else. That said your back is just really bad ass and perfect.

@eisen777, I know it's a bummer. We have been spoiled by his frequent visits. I am HOPING to make the Montreal Convention this year, and also plan on going to visit him next year as well.. I have no idea how long my back is going to take. I'm assuming a while, but I don't have plans on extending it, so not nearly as long as yours.

You should absolutely come to the Montreal convention! Also ask Chad for restaurant recommendations (and save up some money for them!) because he knows more about food in this town than I do. Me and @Pugilist went to a sushi place he was talking about when he tattooed me last year at the Montreal convention and it was literally some of the best food I've ever had in my life. Here's a link to the instagram of the chef at that restaurant. The man is a true artist, and you would almost feel bad eating food that beautiful except for that it tastes so damned incredible.

You should absolutely come to the Montreal convention! Also ask Chad for restaurant recommendations (and save up some money for them!) because he knows more about food in this town than I do. Me and @Pugilist went to a sushi place he was talking about when he tattooed me last year at the Montreal convention and it was literally some of the best food I've ever had in my life. Here's a link to the instagram of the chef at that restaurant. The man is a true artist, and you would almost feel bad eating food that beautiful except for that it tastes so damned incredible.

I really hope he can fit me in this year! He says he may work a few days before and/or after the convention too since he loves mtl so much. Sadly if he does tattoo me and I get another small one from another artist I won't be able to swing a hi end restaurant. I really want to try horse since they can't sell it for food in the USA.

@eisen777, thanks so much man. I'm really pumped with it. Cannot wait to see it progress. Chad can work within any type of style it seems. I've seen realism that he's done, and it's like "wow, really?!". Your eagle is bad ass. It's massive and awesome and the shield is amazing.

@Graeme i'm really hoping to do it man. It sounds like it's a blast. DEFINITELY on the restaurants. One of my favorite things to do is to go out to dinner. expensive though.

I really hope he can fit me in this year! He says he may work a few days before and/or after the convention too since he loves mtl so much. Sadly if he does tattoo me and I get another small one from another artist I won't be able to swing a hi end restaurant. I really want to try horse since they can't sell it for food in the USA.

You don't have to spend a lot or go to a fancy place to eat horse. It's in pretty much every grocery store and I'm pretty sure that places like Frite Alors (Belgian-style fries place with locations all over the city) regularly have it on their menu. Rumour is that they fry their fries in horse fat too, which is why they're so delicious. I'm not really into horsemeat, when I've had it I've found it too lean, but you should for sure try it. Maybe if we do an LST meetup this year we can do it at Frite Alors.