Lochlan

Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Recommended Posts

Picked this one up from Marc Nava at the London tattoo convention yesterday. Such a nice guy and i had a great time being tattooed by him. Really wish i was at the convention today/tomorrow as there seemed to be a LOT of artists taking walk ups that had time (Frankie Carracioli, for example, was in the booth with Marc and didn't do a single tattoo on Friday, at least not by the time i left around 8pm).

Bumped in to a few LSTers too, wish i knew their names here but it was a pleasure seeing you all, even managed to stumble across my main man @Iwar when i was literally on my way out of the convention.

 

 

spider.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me second guess getting tattooed by Chad, I take on trauma so easy that I frequently say " I bruise like a peach".

That Tattoo is seriously good though.  Beautiful and tough man, that is a tattoo to be proud of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rob I said:

Yes!!! Awesome!!  Have my chest done by him and I will agree it was BRUTAL!  Congrats on doing this in one shot!

Thanks! So glad I'm done!

4 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

This makes me second guess getting tattooed by Chad, I take on trauma so easy that I frequently say " I bruise like a peach".

Thanks! No worries! Chad is also super fast! That's also part of why I chose him to do my chest piece. Great guy!

41 minutes ago, ItsNewport said:

Saying that, i don't envy the experience but i absolutely envy the work!

Thanks! Yes, that's the price to pay! Luckily I don't have to do it again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

This makes me second guess getting tattooed by Chad, I take on trauma so easy that I frequently say " I bruise like a peach".

That Tattoo is seriously good though.  Beautiful and tough man, that is a tattoo to be proud of.

You WILL bruise.  But that goes away and it's totally worth it

pics attached were from my latest from Chad on the inside of the bicep. Taken the day after and under tegaderm. 

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9178.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rob I said:

You WILL bruise.  But that goes away and it's totally worth it

pics attached were from my latest from Chad on the inside of the bicep. Taken the day after and under tegaderm. 

 

 

yep,I bruise like that on my upper arms and thighs.but like you said though,no biggy,it goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Chad has that special touch, but always so worth it. I remember him saying that he thinks his tattoos will last longer because he gets more ink into a given line than your average tattooer. Maybe that's why it hurts so good. The bruising goes away as Rob said. 

Get something from him! It's a club worth the entrance fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oiocha said:

This makes me second guess getting tattooed by Chad, I take on trauma so easy that I frequently say " I bruise like a peach".

That Tattoo is seriously good though.  Beautiful and tough man, that is a tattoo to be proud of.

If it's any comfort, he's also ridiculously fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more on my flowery critters sleeve. This was taken before the addition of a big bumble bee right on the side of my elbow below the Freddie the frog. 

The bee is taking some healing but should be good for a photo session next time. 

Going to finish up round the top at the next siting and do some more filling in elsewhere.  Some butterflies coming soon too. 

I can't believe how much I love it.  Can't stop looking in the mirror :) 

14202680_1366465890048166_36557378189099

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rob I, you've got something really similar to what Chad did for me in the same spot, except mine is a panther and rose. The first line he pulled basically knocked out a whole leaf in one go and I was like :51_scream::51_scream::51_scream: on the inside but trying to look tough, I thought he was never going to lift his machine.

I want a new tattoo so bad but I'm going to be going through a minor financial crisis soon and I can't. I'm just going to live vicariously through you guys and people on Instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of hours under VERY "heavy handed" tattooing (I hate that phrase), including one full rib panel (in progress) and a full back piece (finished). All I can say is that it's temporary, the stoke will carry you through, and it's worth it. You know you earned that shit. Don't let it scare you off. Tattoos are supposed to hurt!

Edited by Isotope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not intending to be confrontational but,

I don't care about having "earned" my tattoos, the easier the experience and less trauma caused by the end of the tattoo the better for me.  If I can get my tattoos bright & bold with a quarter of the pain and have them heal twice as fast then I'm going to take that.  I get the "you earned it" thing I'm just not huge on it; I'm happier to earn my tattoo by having the money, time, and commitment instead of the pain threshold, adrenaline, and healing factor.

This all being said I'm still likely to get a Chad tattoo, just not as quickly, because his work and lifestyle both bring to mind the folk art feel that tattooing has to me.

Edited by Oiocha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oiocha said:

Not intending to be confrontational but,

I don't care about having "earned" my tattoos, the easier the experience and less trauma caused by the end of the tattoo the better for me.  If I can get my tattoos bright & bold with a quarter of the pain and have them heal twice as fast then I'm going to take that.  I get the "you earned it" thing I'm just not huge on it; I'm happier to earn my tattoo by having the money, time, and commitment instead of the pain threshold, adrenaline, and healing factor.

This all being said I'm still likely to get a Chad tattoo, just not as quickly, because his work and lifestyle both bring to mind the folk art feel that tattooing has to me.

Though I do like the concept of having earned my tattoos, I feel that way about all of my collection. Some tattooers seem to work in a way that is more painful than others, but it all hurts anyway. So my thinking on it is get tattooed by people who's work you can't live without.

With proper after-care and a bit of luck all the work of the pro tattooers we so often discuss here heals well. They may apply it a bit differently from one another, but in the end it's all about the healed image. They know that too and work to make it happen. So if two tattooers inspire you equaly and one is known for their soft touch go for it! Otherwise I figure the process is less important than the final outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember all the pain, I'm not stoked about the memories.  I still get tattoos by artists I like regardless of how hard it is to sit through it, I just maybe got a little rant-y about it.  I completely trust you when you say Chad still heals well and is worth the cost of admission, I just got a little defensive about the subject I guess. I can agree I put more emphasis on the outcome and bond after the tattoo.  At least everyone here is honest about tattoos hurting, anyone that says otherwise is a liar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oiocha said:

I remember all the pain, I'm not stoked about the memories.  I still get tattoos by artists I like regardless of how hard it is to sit through it, I just maybe got a little rant-y about it.  I completely trust you when you say Chad still heals well and is worth the cost of admission, I just got a little defensive about the subject I guess. I can agree I put more emphasis on the outcome and bond after the tattoo.  At least everyone here is honest about tattoos hurting, anyone that says otherwise is a liar. 

A big terrible liar!!! Or some kind of mutant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.