9,777 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

And, I too am back from Pagoda! Epic weekend meeting great people including @Boiled Dove and @Hospitelli! God bless, Theo. His finger was sooo jacked up but he powered through to finish my mermaid. We both kinda forgot how big it was so we worked on it Friday and Saturday for maybe six hours?  I am over the freaking moon at how it turned out! She's absolutely stunning.

Theo.jpg

This gets my vote for the best tattoo in the world.

Devious6 and Gingerninja like this

Thank, Theo. I had little to do with it, LOL. I am really looking forward to getting past the healing so I can take a proper photo of it! It's epic (IMO). @suburbanxcore

Andreas was there walking around the show, so I think I know where my next adventure will be next year!!

I feel like every backpiece I see from Andreas is better than the last recently. And I'm not always huge on American traditional backpieces, but his always rule.  And then obviously his Japanese stuff is on fire too. So well rounded. Dude just crushes. 

Gingerninja and jnin like this

My latest addition to the canvas.

Done yesterday in Denmark at Venlig Hilsen - Din Tatovør, and the artist is Line Marielle. She's 24 and has been tattooing only for 4 years, amazing talent this girl. 

I'm super happy with it, and it even exceeded my expectations :) 

About the motive: It's a valkyrie (valkyries are sent out by Odin to choose who lives and who dies in battle - the name literally means "choosers of the slain" - and they also choose who goes to Valhalla and who goes to the underwold Hel). 

Next to her portrait is a rose, and beneath it is a Vegvisir. This is an ancient icelandic magical charm. It is said that if you carry this charm, you will never get lost in rough weather and terrain, it will guide you the right way, even if the way unknown. 

I'm norwegian and have always been interested in norse mythology, so that's why :) I'm already thinking about continuing this arm, haha. 

image1.JPG

1 minute ago, thyes said:

My latest addition to the canvas.

Done yesterday in Denmark at Venlig Hilsen - Din Tatovør, and the artist is Line Marielle. She's 24 and has been tattooing only for 4 years, amazing talent this girl. 

I'm super happy with it, and it even exceeded my expectations :) 

About the motive: It's a valkyrie (valkyries are sent out by Odin to choose who lives and who dies in battle - the name literally means "choosers of the slain" - and they also choose who goes to Valhalla and who goes to the underwold Hel). 

Next to her portrait is a rose, and beneath it is a Vegvisir. This is an ancient icelandic magical charm. It is said that if you carry this charm, you will never get lost in rough weather and terrain, it will guide you the right way, even if the way unknown. 

I'm norwegian and have always been interested in norse mythology, so that's why :) I'm already thinking about continuing this arm, haha. 

image1.JPG

holy  shit ! that's from Line ?!?!?!?  you are so lucky,I have been following her for a while now and would LOVE one from her,she is super amazing ! I am in love with her work.

btw,nice tattoo you got there.

I keep bugging her about when she is going to do a US convention !

Oiocha likes this

It sure is! Yeah she's incredibly talented. I posted her Instagram in one of my previous posts, maybe that's where you got introduced to her? ;) 

I'll be going back to Denmark, that's for sure. 

Dan likes this

Just now, thyes said:

It sure is! Yeah she's incredibly talented. I posted her Instagram in one of my previous posts, maybe that's where you got introduced to her? ;) 

I'll be going back to Denmark, that's for sure. 

no,I have been following her for a few years now.I learned of her from another forum probably 3 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Beautiful!! Congratulations on a fantastic tattoo. Wow!

Thank you! I'm in love with it, can't stop looking at it, haha :D

Gingerninja likes this

Posted (edited)

I didn't go to Pagoda because I finally got started on my back with Horitomo this weekend!  Some new experiences getting tattooed on spots other than my leg.  My ribs hurt like hell every time he put the needle down on them.  My tailbone/asscheeks were the worst part of the whole experience!  I made audible squeaks and let some profanity fly out with my breath.  Everything except my Hoju and and one more little cloud swirl are done for lining.  Its all shading from here!

The heal up is fast and easy except for my thighs get hot and angry and my back itches like nothing I've ever felt.
IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.f35cdb6f47d51bbb7cbb0bf59916de65.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Oiocha
scottyg, SStu, zetroc and 6 others like this

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, Gingerninja said:

And, I too am back from Pagoda! Epic weekend meeting great people including @Boiled Dove and @Hospitelli! God bless, Theo. His finger was sooo jacked up but he powered through to finish my mermaid. We both kinda forgot how big it was so we worked on it Friday and Saturday for maybe six hours?  I am over the freaking moon at how it turned out! She's absolutely stunning.

Theo.jpg

@Gingerninja - you had some amazing art done last weekend - but this Mermaid gets my vote for the most gorgeous, ever!

Gingerninja and pidjones like this

On 8/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, Oiocha said:

I didn't go to Pagoda because I finally got started on my back with Horitomo this weekend!  Some new experiences getting tattooed on spots other than my leg.  My ribs hurt like hell every time he put the needle down on them.  My tailbone/asscheeks were the worst part of the whole experience!  I made audible squeaks and let some profanity fly out with my breath.  Everything except my Hoju and and one more little cloud swirl are done for lining.  Its all shading from here!

The heal up is fast and easy except for my thighs get hot and angry and my back itches like nothing I've ever felt.
IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.f35cdb6f47d51bbb7cbb0bf59916de65.JPG

Thanks for looking!

I'm really excited to see where this goes! Keep us updated!

1 hour ago, jnin said:

I'm really excited to see where this goes! Keep us updated!

I just found out I need to cancel my October appointment to save money for when I graduate in Spring.  As soon as I can go i'm going to though,  I'm a little young for what I took on at the tender college age of 23.

Gingerninja and scottyg like this

15 hours ago, Oiocha said:

I just found out I need to cancel my October appointment to save money for when I graduate in Spring.  As soon as I can go i'm going to though,  I'm a little young for what I took on at the tender college age of 23.

Dude, it's a long haul. I'll be working extra jobs this fall/spring to pay for mine....

Gingerninja and Oiocha like this