Lochlan

Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Recommended Posts

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, aant said:

How many of you guys get tattoos done concurrently to large project pieces? My sleeve is in progress but I’m getting the itch to get other work done, and I’m trying to figure if I should just use whatever money would go towards soi mething else for sessions on the sleeve..

Working on 2 pieces now, just finished up the arm cover up and still working on the back. 7 or 8 hours in the chair in 4 days. Wiped me out for sure. Next appointment is early next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bummed out. Have had a five hour  session booked for over a month. It snowed today. Not a big deal in most places. But if you live Alabama, life stops and everyone stays home. Hoping my artist can get me rescheduled soon. 
What is a couple weeks compared to how long I will wear this thing?
 
 

I feel ya. Happened to me a few years ago here in Tennessee.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

If I win the Christmas lottery, you are on my list @Oiocha!

The sweetest heart award goes to @Gingerninja  I just got done talking to a tattoo artist today that my girlfriend goes to about my piece.  The planning, the travel, the lodging, the eating, the appointments themselves, its a logistical and financial nightmare for a dumb college student like myself;  the last trip there was $1400 for the seven hours on the table alone plus another $600-$700 for the rest of the trip.  I'm saving hard and focusing on TRYING not to get another piece in between.  This forum darn near ruins my ability to be patient with all the killer work I look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this nugget in Seoul, South Korea. Done by an artist with the instagram handle @Yuuztattooer. Took about 5 hours to complete. Doesn't speak much english, and I specifically went to Seoul to get a tattoo by him (I tacked on this special trip while in Hong Kong). Quite the experience, traveling to a foreign country I have never been to before. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.15.12.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup here's another one. This one was completed in Hong Kong by Erin, the owner of Bubblegum Tattoo Shop, which he runs with his wife (also a tattoo artist). He is known for his Chinese calligraphy. This was hands down the most painful tattoo experience, not only because it was on the ribs, but because he banged it out in 2 hours (I had another appointment and the design process took longer than planned). 

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.23.07.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaannnndddd one more: this tiger is an add on from Colin Baker who works at State of Grace Tattoo in San Jose, CA. The tiger wraps around the inside of my right thigh. The Lady Warrior tattoo was completed in August earlier this year. The tiger was an add on. He also completed a very intricate Rat Warrior (yup the Chinese zodiac thing is lit on my leg), but that one was done on the back of my thigh. When I can figure out how to do a 360 degree shot of my leg, I'll post pictures of the complete battle scene. The Chinese calligraphy that I posted above, compliments this battle scene. Loosely translated it means: Brave woman, escape the ordinary. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.26.08.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IX XV LXXXVIII said:

Aaaannnndddd one more: this tiger is an add on from Colin Baker who works at State of Grace Tattoo in San Jose, CA. The tiger wraps around the inside of my right thigh. The Lady Warrior tattoo was completed in August earlier this year. The tiger was an add on. He also completed a very intricate Rat Warrior (yup the Chinese zodiac thing is lit on my leg), but that one was done on the back of my thigh. When I can figure out how to do a 360 degree shot of my leg, I'll post pictures of the complete battle scene. The Chinese calligraphy that I posted above, compliments this battle scene. Loosely translated it means: Brave woman, escape the ordinary. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.26.08.png

wow ! super nice tattoo ! I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 3:15 PM, aant said:

The one-shot piece I was looking at, tip included, was roughly the price of my session cost for my sleeve...so, it’s like...knock that out, or get my sleeve done months sooner. It’s already going to take another year and a half or so for my sleeve to be completed and it’s my first multi session piece, so I’m getting that itch again to get work done sooner than I actually can manage.

I mean, everyone gets tattooed at the pace that works for themselves (money, time off work) and their tattooists schedule...from my experience - my arm took 1 month (i went every week) and the other arm took a couple of months. My back took 6 months. Guess my point is keep the appointments regular and consistent, stay focused...you'd be surprised how fast you can finish them projects! plan the work, work the plan. good luck !

edit // not hating, just giving perspective. my tattooists are all local. i had all the cash saved and ready before booking the appointments. That's just my routine so I can bang out the projects. In the past I would get take on one big tattoo project each year. It kept me focused.

Edited by bongsau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, IX XV LXXXVIII said:

Got this nugget in Seoul, South Korea. Done by an artist with the instagram handle @Yuuztattooer. Took about 5 hours to complete. Doesn't speak much english, and I specifically went to Seoul to get a tattoo by him (I tacked on this special trip while in Hong Kong). Quite the experience, traveling to a foreign country I have never been to before. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.15.12.png

Really love this one! Cranes are awesome ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rdinak said:

latest session on the dragon project tonight. Tried some  wonderful cream for those longer projects.

 

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

nice tattoo !

and I tried some  H2Ocean products a while ago and wasn't too impressed with it.

actually IMO most the gimmick products "made for tattoos" is pretty much just that, a bandwagon gimmick,

good old fashioned Aquafor, Palmers cocoa butter, and Aveeno work just fine for me for a lot less $$$$.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No grit, no pearl filler by Nick Kohlmeier @ Permanent Vacation Tattoo.

Screenshot_20171223-084656.png

 

A little SG I picked up in Kansas City before a U2 concert. (on my U2 arm, 'a red guitar, on fire, desire')Screenshot_20171223-084702.png

 

Matching Navy tattoos with my son (he's a submariner). Mine is black & gray, his is color. By Nick Kohlmeier @ Permanent Vacation Tattoo.

 

Screenshot_20171223-091031.png

Edited by Tornado7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Dan said:

nice tattoo !

and I tried some  H2Ocean products a while ago and wasn't too impressed with it.

actually IMO most the gimmick products "made for tattoos" is pretty much just that, a bandwagon gimmick,

good old fashioned Aquafor, Palmers cocoa butter, and Aveeno work just fine for me for a lot less $$$$.

Really digging that blue, sets the whole thing off very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.