Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

@bongsau - You need to write a book...

haha thank you @Gingerninja it's on my long-term project list...i was going to make a collection of all my stencils and line drawings as a colouring book, but i think i should go even further with pro photos of my tattoos and stories about all 50+ of em. like a personal lived-in-tattoo memoir. Not sure who would want to read it but thanks for the encouragement! Still got a few more tattoos to get though ;)

19 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

@bongsau YES. It's incredibly vital that your tattoo history not be lost, if you want to share it. Our tattoo's are living history...emphasis on "living". When you go, they go (generally). Your story is part of the folklore of tattooing. 

I suppose so. I've been tattooed by 20 guys over 240hrs now, mostly in Edmonton so I guess there is some local history to that. i've been keeping data/records of everything which I'm thankful I thought of doing early on. now to start my book...haha cheers. 

Thanks @jac1961 and @bongsau! It wasn't planned, at all. I was checking out the shop when he walked in, then he asked me if I was getting tattooed. I was like "no" but paused and asked if he had time. He asked what I wanted, I showed him a reference photo and within 30 minutes I was getting tattooed. He said that "toad/frog" was the magic word... I'm pretty stoked. 

Thanks@jac1961 and [mention=2943]bongsau[/mention]! It wasn't planned, at all. I was checking out the shop when he walked in, then he asked me if I was getting tattooed. I was like "no" but paused and asked if he had time. He asked what I wanted, I showed him a reference photo and within 30 minutes I was getting tattooed. He said that "toad/frog" was the magic word... I'm pretty stoked. 
Haha. "Toad-frog" is the common name for them in our local "Appalachian" dialect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 7:57 PM, JAC1961 said:

My tiger half sleeve was finished on Tuesday.  Super happy with it and how well it's healing.  Work by Kevin Stress at Enso Tattoo in Columbus, OH.  Great artist and shop, would recommend to anyone.  Let me know what you think!

5ada8ad17a4c6_Tigerfinished.thumb.jpg.4ac2f3e65e55ec41f211910a564ed456.jpg

An action shot with me on the near table.

5ada8bc5255b6_Tiger2ndappt.thumb.jpg.7381ee199d32c7c26ab64bf215cd5f6f.jpg

<<<Photos borrowed from the artist's IG>>>