Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I have a couple of new things! I got tattooed by Timothy Hoyer in my state of CO, about a month ago and then headed SF for another session with Scott Sylvia. I’ll post pics soon but I’ve been battling MRSA on my foot. When both are fully healed I’ll post :) what I can tell you guys is that Timothy is a really nice and down to earth guy (it was my first time meeting him). Also, Scott did something that was way too cool. I’ve become friends with him at this point and I was explaining that I lost my collection of flash and prints and I’m in the middle of rebuilding. Him being as cool as he is, he’s gonna send me a ton of prints!!! Couldn’t ask to meet better people with this hobby. I don’t comment often but there are people as obsessed with this thing as me and I knew you guys would find that cool. 

Brain tumor follow-up yesterday. The net is that it’s bigger which could either mean the radiation is working (yea) or that it’s still growing (boo). I’m doing the PMA thing and going with the radiation is working. The concern is around my facial nerve and balance issues. I’m already walking like a drunk sometimes but the facial paralysis shit freaks me out.
The funny part of today went like this:
Dr. Neurosurgeon: How’s your hearing in your left ear?
Me: It’s shot.
Dr. Neurosurgeon: How’s your balance?
Me: F*cked.
Dr. Neurosurgeon smiles at me, looks at my leg and says: Is that a ray gun tattoo?
Me: Yes, Dr. it is indeed a ray gun to commemorate my radiation.
Dr. Neurosurgeon: That is the most brilliant thing I’ve ever seen.

(Note: the barrel isn't crooked...straight lines on curvy body parts, ya know)

Grez at Pagoda

Grex Ray Gun.jpg

29 minutes ago, Gpots said:

Just got this crazy watercolor portrait of Courtney Love done by Smel Wink @ Requiem Tattoo in Victoria Australia. Sat around 6 hours, pretty bloody stoked with how it turned out.

courtney tat.jpg

that's very nice ! size is good and placement is perfect.

Picked up this dog rose from Cassandra Frances when I was in London a little over a week ago:

86B5545E-D2F4-487D-8B9C-7A60FDBACA82.thumb.jpeg.0ae1654cc0de5638c753785f589f1fad.jpeg

I was nervous about what the dry air on an eight hour flight back home the next day would do to it. I originally planned to re-wrap at my artist’s recommendation, but when our first flight got cancelled and I didn’t want to struggle to A) try to wash it in an airport bathroom or B) leave it wrapped for 24 hours, I just put a little Aquaphor on it as usual and this has been one of my easiest heals so far. No stinging when I wash, swelling was gone within a day, no scabs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, tertia said:

Picked up this dog rose from Cassandra Frances when I was in London a little over a week ago:

86B5545E-D2F4-487D-8B9C-7A60FDBACA82.thumb.jpeg.0ae1654cc0de5638c753785f589f1fad.jpeg

I was nervous about what the dry air on an eight hour flight back home the next day would do to it. I originally planned to re-wrap at my artist’s recommendation, but when our first flight got cancelled and I didn’t want to struggle to A) try to wash it in an airport bathroom or B) leave it wrapped for 24 hours, I just put a little Aquaphor on it as usual and this has been one of my easiest heals so far. No stinging when I wash, swelling was gone within a day, no scabs.

Beautiful! Love it.

This past weekend, I took a little road trip to Asbury Park. It wasn't planned but I had a great time. Ended up being Bryan Kienlen's first tattoo in his new shop on Grand Opening day, had a consult with Robert Ryan then hit the Paper and Clay show at Ninth Wave Tattoo where I bought a couple of pieces of Garver's pottery. 

Bryan.PNG

2 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

This past weekend, I took a little road trip to Asbury Park. It wasn't planned but I had a great time. Ended up being Bryan Kienlen's first tattoo in his new shop on Grand Opening day, had a consult with Robert Ryan then hit the Paper and Clay show at Ninth Wave Tattoo where I bought a couple of pieces of Garver's pottery. 

pictures ?  (tattoo and pottery)

Edited by Dan

Well, I got a little excited at the end and didn't get a "done" photo of the tattoo but you get the idea. 🙂 

The Garver pottery...OMG, I cannot believe that I own a couple of pieces. As far as I know, this was his first sale of his pottery. The shop, Ninth Wave, is owned by Dave Shoemaker and his wife. Very cool shop and super nice folks. It was an "Adorned" weekend. Side note: Bryan ended up with most of Adorned's flash and library. Pretty rad. 

Bryan in progress.jpg

Garver pottery.jpg

I am low key obsessed with this traditional rose done for me by Tom Einheuser out of Union 3 Tattoo in Detroit over the weekend.

78C0A711-36FD-483C-9E92-7C19F755610B.thumb.jpeg.d45447fbc5e6571e1c9f9f661c046697.jpeg30974B42-FFF4-4408-BF76-EA00BBE543CE.thumb.jpeg.a9163993dfb40efb7e17da18d4f4f65f.jpeg

I’m really pleased with the placement, and how my leg is finally starting to fill up!

Here are links the artist and shop’s Instagram accounts:

https://instagram.com/tattoos_by_tom_einheuser

https://instagram.com/union_3_tattoo