Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

2 hours ago, tertia said:

I am low key obsessed with this traditional rose done for me by Tom Einheuser out of Union 3 Tattoo in Detroit over the weekend.

78C0A711-36FD-483C-9E92-7C19F755610B.thumb.jpeg.d45447fbc5e6571e1c9f9f661c046697.jpeg30974B42-FFF4-4408-BF76-EA00BBE543CE.thumb.jpeg.a9163993dfb40efb7e17da18d4f4f65f.jpeg

I’m really pleased with the placement, and how my leg is finally starting to fill up!

Here are links the artist and shop’s Instagram accounts:

https://instagram.com/tattoos_by_tom_einheuser

https://instagram.com/union_3_tattoo

that's a super nice tattoo !

I'm back from State of Grace today,  I'll post a picture tomorrow of what we got done.  I'm beyond exhausted and sore, we used numbing cream on my ribs to get me through the last 2.5 hours of the session. I will do everything in my power from now on to have 3-4 hour sessions at a time from now on. 

Edited by Oiocha

Oh wow, @Oiochathat is you? I saw that on the shop's/Horitomo's IG . Very nice! His monmon neko are always so dynamic and graceful. And you have a fox there, on it as well! Is he doing the background by machine or tebori? I cannot remember.

Edit:

P.s. Reread what you posted. I am definitely concerned now; I am starting on my back in a few months and my first session is set at about 4 1/2 hours... Managed to survive sessions that length for my arms/shoulders/chest but this may be a whole new level of terror.

Edited by piccalilli
P.s.

4 hours ago, piccalilli said:

Oh wow, @Oiochathat is you? I saw that on the shop's/Horitomo's IG . Very nice! His monmon neko are always so dynamic and graceful. And you have a fox there, on it as well! Is he doing the background by machine or tebori? I cannot remember.

Edit:

P.s. Reread what you posted. I am definitely concerned now; I am starting on my back in a few months and my first session is set at about 4 1/2 hours... Managed to survive sessions that length for my arms/shoulders/chest but this may be a whole new level of terror.

He is doing machine shading because I'm coming from so far away, we're trying to get it done as efficiently as possible for all parties involved.  It hurts like any tattoo does, the back definitely has some sensitive stuff going on.  I only have my right leg done otherwise and the jump in pain scale was pretty tremendous for me but I made the 8 hour appointment and I got through it.  You'll survive your appointment if out of stubborn-ness alone like I have.

@Gingerninja thanks!  I toughed it out thanks in part to your app you sent me!  Mike Saurez and Molly complimented me for being TUFF and it made it a little easier and made me feel a little better.   The numbing cream was the silent hero for my ribs though.

I'm also booked in with Monji while he is at Inksmith and Rogers in October!

Edited by Oiocha

13 hours ago, Oiocha said:

With Hellboy and Gorilla Biscuits being there, my heart is elsewhere. They are all killers.

I like the wee fella with the mohawk to the left of mine, too. But I've been obsessed with the Clockwork Orange one for yonks—probably because this bit of flash is hung on the wall beside the bench in the waiting area. There are so many great ones on that sheet. I've stared at it lots of times. Also, I love Hot Stuff, and I already have a little editor one with glasses and spectacles that Josh drew up to represent me (I'm a proofreader/copyeditor.).  🙂

Edited by oboogie

14 hours ago, Oiocha said:

With Hellboy and Gorilla Biscuits being there, my heart is elsewhere. They are all killers.

Lol. That's probably a generational thing. Clockwork Orange was quite the ground-breaking and controversial thing when I was a teenager. Right up there at that time with The Exorcist and Pink Flamingos. 

10 hours ago, SStu said:

Lol. That's probably a generational thing. Clockwork Orange was quite the ground-breaking and controversial thing when I was a teenager. Right up there at that time with The Exorcist and Pink Flamingos. 

8 hours ago, oboogie said:

I didn't know what Gorilla Biscuits was. Had to look it up. I'd guess I'm quite a bit older than @Oiocha?

I'm a month shy of 25y/o.  I'm just not a movie guy; I'm a comic book and punk guy.  I also like the Mohawk Hot stuff, very 80's-90's NYHC. Wonderful tattoo though, lets not take away from that.

Edited by Oiocha