Healed vs fresh

Baldguy95

Got this 2 weeks ago. I believe a have a beautiful tattoo. A true piece of art. But I feel like I lost a lot of black in the dove. I know tattoos lighten up when they heal. But I feel some these lines in the dove are a little much on the lighten scale. I go for touch ups tomorrow and hope my artist agrees with me. I sent him pictures but he said it looks fine to him. 

0398DACF-173B-419F-BCBC-96CEBCE972C7.jpeg

E433C6F8-54E4-4DF4-B105-D06EE7821504.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Maynard said:

They lighten up bc a layer of skin grows over it. U can make them pop more with some hustle butter. 

I have some hustle butter. That did seem to work a little. Still think I’m going to see can add more black in the lined areas of the wings. I’m afraid some of these lines aren’t going to age well. 

13 hours ago, Baldguy95 said:

I have some hustle butter. That did seem to work a little. Still think I’m going to see can add more black in the lined areas of the wings. I’m afraid some of these lines aren’t going to age well. 

Yeah man nothing is really permanent. Glad to see you got two amazing pieces that flow well together. Your artist is talented.

14 hours ago, Baldguy95 said:

Got this 2 weeks ago. I believe a have a beautiful tattoo. A true piece of art. But I feel like I lost a lot of black in the dove. I know tattoos lighten up when they heal. But I feel some these lines in the dove are a little much on the lighten scale. I go for touch ups tomorrow and hope my artist agrees with me. I sent him pictures but he said it looks fine to him. 

0398DACF-173B-419F-BCBC-96CEBCE972C7.jpeg

E433C6F8-54E4-4DF4-B105-D06EE7821504.jpeg

I am always surprised at just how much tattoos lighten once healed, especially black and grey. I do know what you mean about the lines on the Doves wings although some artists definitely seem to have a lighter hand. You can only ask and see what he thinks, it looks great by the way! 👍

I agree about how they lighten, especially the black/grey tattoos.  

Don't forget @Baldguy95 this is your first tattoo, you're still learning how tattoos lighten, when they heal. How you will feel after they lighten. It happens it's part of the healing process. Don't stress over it, you will learn from this 🙂 If you get more tattoos, you will be less stressful over it all. 

The first step to getting tattooed can be a mixture of emotions, especially when the tattoo has such a significant meaning as yours. Just take your time to process everything, if that makes sense. 

Skip the hustle butter, it’s expensive snake oil. There are no “magic” ingredients. Take care of your skin; stay out of the sun, stay hydrated, use a little cocoa butter to keep it moisturized and you’ll be fine.

Also, your tattoo isn’t even healed. They take 4-6 weeks to heal. Just relax and enjoy it, it really seems like you’re obsessing over it.

I don't know what hustle butter is, but I presume it is some kind of aftercare cream? I think I might said this before, I use bepanthen nappy cream on my tattoos. Just a thin layer, after that first wash, and after every wash until I see it doesn't need as much. Then pretty much dry heal, or a thin layer of it on tattoo when it needs it. 

I agree, just relax, let the tattoo does its thing. Enjoy it and relax. Every tattoo is different, even on your own body. 

<shrugs> Just my 2d.