Can't get that sketch looking right? Maybe you should try falling asleep?

Duffa

This is nuts! (sorry if old news)

Sleepwalking Artist Baffles Experts

A Welsh man who draws artwork in his sleep says experts are still baffled by his unique talent.

Lee Hadwin has no formal training or interest in art but has managed to produce about 200 portraits, nudes and abstract works while he sleeps.

The 37-year-old nurse told the BBC yesterday his creative episodes normally follow a night of heavy drinking.

But clinical tests by the Edinburgh Sleep Centre were unable even to determine what stage of sleep Mr Hadwin is in when the artistic impulse kicks in, he said.

"I wake up in the morning and whatever is at the side of my bed is there," he told the BBC.

Mr Hadwin, from the rural Welsh village of Henllan, said the nocturnal habit began at the age of four with scribbles on kitchen tables and developed into more intricate drawings and paintings from the age of around 15.

He said he has no memory of his sleepwalking art and cannot recreate his work when awake.

"Art has never interested me at all," he told the BBC.

The artistic bent sometimes can cause problems — like painting underneath his mother's stairs or cutting up his best pair of jeans — but when he puts brush or pen to paper, Mr Hadwin sells his artworks to collectors.

full link with photos and video:

Sleepwalk artist baffles experts

Man, I wish I had that "problem." I'd be so much more productive! I wonder if he still feels well rested the day after.

Haha indeed! There are a lot worse 'problems' out there, and that is one I could handle easily. The best part of the story for me is "...his creative episodes normally follow a night of heavy drinking" I have a feeling he may have figured out the perfect excuse to get completely legless on the regular "Damn bills have come in, need to sell some more art... well looks like I'm off to the pub"