Blackout tattoos?

Just yesterday I saw this almost completely blacked-out tattooed guy in a book that was at around 80% coverage using the negative space to make a few designs. This stuff is crazy! I am thinking most people get it as a cool coverup.

Below is a reference, just imagine less skin more black!

Screen+shot+2011-06-20+at+5.34.54+PM.png

whenever scott bourne started to first get pics in skate mags that was the first time i ever saw the all black thing and it sort of blew my mind.

but i didn't know much about tattoos back then so i didn't know they were cover ups. i thought he just wanted his arms all black and i was like wtf.

I used to know a guy that opened a peircing shop in SF about 20yrs ago, his name is christian. he covered his arms ,totally black, all Bob Roberts stuff, I don't get it.

I only wish my arms were all bob roberts stuff!

There's a chick in Jacksonville who apparently got some stuff from Mike Wilson, lasered it off and then got more tattoos in the same spot, i think from either him or someone else at inksmith... fucking retarded i think... especially since she didn't have any other tattoos so it wasn't a question of room and certainly no question of quality...

There's a chick in Jacksonville who apparently got some stuff from Mike Wilson, lasered it off and then got more tattoos in the same spot, i think from either him or someone else at inksmith... fucking retarded i think... especially since she didn't have any other tattoos so it wasn't a question of room and certainly no question of quality...

people do the weirdest shit no telling.

I heard Chris Conn blacked out his arms and then branded his arms. Not sure if it's true, but I know that guy was tattooed by some great people as well.

Key word: Jacksonville.

Loves where I am from, but knows the proclivities of some of it's citizens well.

Key word: Jacksonville.

Loves where I am from, but knows the proclivities of some of it's citizens well.

Being from Canada, and having not spent any time in the south, I was fucking floored when I moved to Jacksonville. I actually couldn't even understand what people were saying to me sometimes. It's a strange backwards place down there.... And somehow also ended up home to one of the best shops in the country...

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to have my entire outer arm blacked out. The inside will be black and grey Zdzislaw Beksinski renderings, one of which I already have, and the outside will be small flowers from a Stephen Kasner art book going up my arm in red and white gone over the black when it is healed. A friend from another shop is doing it and funny enough he will be blacking out some of his old work.

I was just watching some of the videos on Stewart Robsons blog and of course hes in some of them and you can see his arms have some blackout work and for some reason i was watching the video and thinking that the blackout looks so much more intimidating then getting any other skull or scary object(cant think of anything else right now, its late!) tattooed on oneself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...