Trash Polka?

Iwar

• 2 weeks later...
his graffiti is garbage as are his tattoos.

his attempt at bombing is alot better than his attempt at tattooing

- - - Updated - - -

that FUZI UVTPK isnt trash polka,, its trash period.... Xoil does some awesome ass work check out some of his "photoshop" style

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xo%C3%AFl-Needles-Side-TattOo/117449854938676?sk=photos_stream

I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for some of this stuff - it just looks so different. I didn't know it had a label so I googled trash polka when I saw that. Is trash polka commonly done in red & black ink? Seems everything that came up on google images was red & black.

Thanks to reading this thread I'm wondering if I'd still like this style 10 years down the road... perhaps not. Thinking I will stick to some of my more traditional ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this might have been said before. Good or bad, the Buena Vista stuff always reminds me of the graphics from an out of print magazine publication from the '90's called "Raygun", so it may be (or not really) quasi interesting to see something different that I would not get, personally for myself, this stuff is not cutting edge or artsy at all but dated, defunct, and done before.

I can see how some sub-cultures (goth) might find this cool though. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for some of this stuff - it just looks so different. I didn't know it had a label so I googled trash polka when I saw that. Is trash polka commonly done in red & black ink? Seems everything that came up on google images was red & black.

Thanks to reading this thread I'm wondering if I'd still like this style 10 years down the road... perhaps not. Thinking I will stick to some of my more traditional ideas.

If I'm not mistaken, "trash polka" is specifically the term coined by Buena Vista Tattoo for their style of work. Their work if memory serves, tends to be black and red or black and orange or some such.

Whether you like it or hate it, at least there's some artists out there that are willing to push the limit of what people may find tasteful. Tattoo's are all about self expression and power to those that feel this style does the job for them, especially if it's an artist and technically sound tattoo.

Here's a couple examples I found locally:theflyandthedecimation.jpg7.jpg