We are back from our latest road trip... San Angelo- West Texas Tat Con, and then instead of a long ass 9 hour drive we diverted to Dallas, and worked at Elm Street Tattoo, and then a day at SnS in Oak Cliff at Nick Ley's Shop, (little community), Bishop Arts District of Dallas...

San Angelo was good. Such an awesome line-up in the middle of no where Texas...

Dallas was refreshing for a change, normally it's kinda been a let down, like same shit different day let down.... But worked with Oliver and caught up on the latest news, etc... Then Stace, Richard's old business partner who owned the Piercing Business in the Old Pair O Dice in Dallas called Skin & Bones Body Piercing, (who I bought out, and into the shop) happened to fly into DFW from the east coast, where he now works at a little school called Yale... Yeah NBD, just Yale. And it was a pretty big weekend of Reunions...

Photo by stelltattooart • Instagram

Good Tattooing was had, Richard did a Ganesha piece on an inner arm, chick sat like a champ., got the outline, and shading done, but didn't finish, it was super involved... She's going to try to get up here when we open to finish it up...

Worked on some of Richard's old family friends, which was also really cool to meet this family, and Cameron Richard's son also managed to get out to the shop and hang out... Catch up, etc...

It was almost hard to leave, I say almost, cause we are getting used to "Tulsa Time", and our little place here in midtown. Which after being on the road 9 Months straight, after a year in and out of Jax, FL doing the road thing, we are so happy to have a place to call home, and our little Chinga Bean is too, as soon as I pulled up to the shop, he was like, YES, we do have a home, and knew exactly where we were all over again. Richard and I smiled. Yes, we're finally getting there.

And @ShawnPorter, swoon, if only you knew... But I guess you do... Thanks for being good to me after all this time. I guess weirdos always stick together. And I mean that in a loving way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know where exactly I should post up.... But, the party is next weekend, I am keeping my word to my old man... I'm on a flight to JAX, FL... to get the artwork, and taxidermy, and neon, and home furnishings with two fellow Texans in tow....

This last week has been a true testament to the saying Mi Vida Loca.... The only thing I am thankful for is the tattoo family that has created a protective circle of love and support around Richard. It's opened his eyes as well as mine to how precious life really is, and how we are blessed. Crazy. Mad. Love.

Love. Loyalty. Respect. Take care of tattooing, and it takes care of you. It's TRUE.

Making this last run is about all the energy I have left, then I want to party.

I don't know where exactly I should post up.... But, the party is next weekend, I am keeping my word to my old man... I'm on a flight to JAX, FL... to get the artwork, and taxidermy, and neon, and home furnishings with two fellow Texans in tow....

This last week has been a true testament to the saying Mi Vida Loca.... The only thing I am thankful for is the tattoo family that has created a protective circle of love and support around Richard. It's opened his eyes as well as mine to how precious life really is, and how we are blessed. Crazy. Mad. Love.

Love. Loyalty. Respect. Take care of tattooing, and it takes care of you. It's TRUE.

Making this last run is about all the energy I have left, then I want to party.

The party will be epic, mamma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...