We are back from our latest road trip... San Angelo- West Texas Tat Con, and then instead of a long ass 9 hour drive we diverted to Dallas, and worked at Elm Street Tattoo, and then a day at SnS in Oak Cliff at Nick Ley's Shop, (little community), Bishop Arts District of Dallas...

San Angelo was good. Such an awesome line-up in the middle of no where Texas...

Dallas was refreshing for a change, normally it's kinda been a let down, like same shit different day let down.... But worked with Oliver and caught up on the latest news, etc... Then Stace, Richard's old business partner who owned the Piercing Business in the Old Pair O Dice in Dallas called Skin & Bones Body Piercing, (who I bought out, and into the shop) happened to fly into DFW from the east coast, where he now works at a little school called Yale... Yeah NBD, just Yale. And it was a pretty big weekend of Reunions...

Photo by stelltattooart • Instagram

Good Tattooing was had, Richard did a Ganesha piece on an inner arm, chick sat like a champ., got the outline, and shading done, but didn't finish, it was super involved... She's going to try to get up here when we open to finish it up...

Worked on some of Richard's old family friends, which was also really cool to meet this family, and Cameron Richard's son also managed to get out to the shop and hang out... Catch up, etc...

It was almost hard to leave, I say almost, cause we are getting used to "Tulsa Time", and our little place here in midtown. Which after being on the road 9 Months straight, after a year in and out of Jax, FL doing the road thing, we are so happy to have a place to call home, and our little Chinga Bean is too, as soon as I pulled up to the shop, he was like, YES, we do have a home, and knew exactly where we were all over again. Richard and I smiled. Yes, we're finally getting there.

And @ShawnPorter, swoon, if only you knew... But I guess you do... Thanks for being good to me after all this time. I guess weirdos always stick together. And I mean that in a loving way.

I don't know where exactly I should post up.... But, the party is next weekend, I am keeping my word to my old man... I'm on a flight to JAX, FL... to get the artwork, and taxidermy, and neon, and home furnishings with two fellow Texans in tow....

This last week has been a true testament to the saying Mi Vida Loca.... The only thing I am thankful for is the tattoo family that has created a protective circle of love and support around Richard. It's opened his eyes as well as mine to how precious life really is, and how we are blessed. Crazy. Mad. Love.

Love. Loyalty. Respect. Take care of tattooing, and it takes care of you. It's TRUE.

Making this last run is about all the energy I have left, then I want to party.

I don't know where exactly I should post up.... But, the party is next weekend, I am keeping my word to my old man... I'm on a flight to JAX, FL... to get the artwork, and taxidermy, and neon, and home furnishings with two fellow Texans in tow....

This last week has been a true testament to the saying Mi Vida Loca.... The only thing I am thankful for is the tattoo family that has created a protective circle of love and support around Richard. It's opened his eyes as well as mine to how precious life really is, and how we are blessed. Crazy. Mad. Love.

Love. Loyalty. Respect. Take care of tattooing, and it takes care of you. It's TRUE.

Making this last run is about all the energy I have left, then I want to party.

The party will be epic, mamma.

Just a quickie note. . .

We'll be attending Oliver Pecks Convention in Deep Ellum, (Dallas, TX) September 13-15... and We are confirmed for the Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts in San Fran. this October... So far time is completely open, so get at me if you want to get tattooed by Richard...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• Who knows! It hurt a lot though, so I'm not sure if I want to do it again. This piece took me about 6 hours of tattooing plus one hour consult/aftercare. I'm super happy with it! (I hope pictures are okay in this thread, though it looks more crisp IRL)
    • You have more of a chance of F***ing it up than making it better if you start monkeying around with it. Go see a really good artist to get some ideas of what to add around it. There's nothing wrong with that tattoo. 
    • I'm healing a back of calf, about half in the ditch right now myself. Thin, tender skin. I don't see anything that looks like an infection.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By TdotMatt
      I'm Matt!
      I have always been really intrigued in the tattoo culture, history, and just art in general. As I am an amateur artist myself(not tattoo).
      Thus far I only have 2 tattoos and just saving to do some more. Hoping to get some insight on ideas for my half sleeve!
      I want to compile many images over time, with representations of things that mean a lot to me.
      1.Travel is huge for me: Biggest experiences I want to represent are Japan and Peru(Machu Picchu and Amazon)
      Also just different travel themes in general and my adventurous nature I suppose.
      2. Musical influence: I primarily DJ, produce and play sax.
      3. I want to incorporate Japanese wave art
      4. Passion for coffee
      5. Passion for outdoors and climbing mountains.
      I appreciate any sort of insight! Feel free to ask me questions if any need clarification.
      Cheers!
      ~ Matt
    • By Iwar
      Look what I just stumbled over!
      FST: On the Shoulders of Giants is a documentary film, currently in production by Stewart Robson, a tattooer at Frith Street Tattoo (FST) in London.
      This project is expected to be completed in late 2013.
      Shooting started in August 2012.
      Stewart has interviewed his friends and colleagues, some of them world-renown in tattoo circles but all of them have worked in the cramped infamous basement shop in the heart of London’s seedy soho district, to share this portrait of one of the most interesting, vibrant and influential modern tattoo shops.
      FST: On the Shoulders of Giants
      There's a bunch on cool teasers from the different interviews on the blog too. I'm super stoked for this to come out!
      You gotta share stuff like this with us @Stewart Robson
      - - - Updated - - -
      This was great by the way! (Also by Stewart)

• By Mike Panic
      Passing along for Little Chico from Black Cobra Tattoo who's guest spotting at a shop for 1 day

Contact him directly, not me.
    • By Ursula
      Hey All,
      Being from Ontario I know how hard it can be to find good tattooers, especially doing Japanese work.
      For those interested you've got an awesome chance this month.
      Horitoshi1 family Horimitsu from Tokyo will be doing a guest spot at TCB Tattoo in Toronto from May 16th to 26th.
      The shop is located at 618 Queen St West (near the beer store). Open from 12-8pm daily.
      Appointments can be made by calling the shop at 416-203-1516.
      You can view his work here JAPANESE TATTOO
    • By Bunny Switchblade
      I am writing because the Baltimore Convention is this weekend and I am really not excited about it in the least! I will probably go tomorrow night for about 2 hours just to say hi to people only because it is my hometown convention and I want to see if there is any decent art I can pick up but like I said....not excited about the convention....only about seeing a few people I don't see too often!
      Now...Troy runs some really good shows so that's not it....and I was stoked about Philly because there were a few people there I wanted to get tattooed by.....BUT I used to want to go see my friends at shows....say hi.....buy some flash or art....and then hang out even if I didn't get tattooed! Now it seems....for me at least....the vibe is different and I am not as stoked about going!
      I find myself more interested in wanting to travel to people's shops to be tattooed anymore....that just seems to have a cooler vibe for me!
      I was just wondering what is everyone's thought on this was? (artist or enthusiast)