Is this something to worry about?

Thomas94

Hi, had this tattoo for just over 3 weeks now. The scabs have been and gone, and I've noticed there are some white ish bits in some places. I'm aware of the 'milky' stage after scabbing, but the two white bits toward the bottom are lower than the rest of the tattoo like it's missing skin. These were also the last bits to scab, just wondering if this is normal or will need touching up?738378076_Screenshot_20220923_110108_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.115a1c1b2301c7dc6072413ab614c885.jpg

Ah, I might be guilty of the old Aquaphor drowning! Kept finding conflicting stuff online regarding keeping it moisturised, so thanks for that 👍

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

Also, quit drowning it in Aquaphor or whatever you are using. Just let it dry heala at this point.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

I’ve never seen anyone, anywhere suggest that you drown your tattoo with lotion.

Good, neither have I. I said I'd found conflicting things online regarding keeping it moisturised. I thought this was a forum to discuss tattoos and as a newbie to tattoos I've come on here for a bit of advice, if you've nothing better to do than sending condescending replies, don't bother.

23 hours ago, Thomas94 said:

Good, neither have I. I said I'd found conflicting things online regarding keeping it moisturised. I thought this was a forum to discuss tattoos and as a newbie to tattoos I've come on here for a bit of advice, if you've nothing better to do than sending condescending replies, don't bother.

No need to cop an attitude. You posted something ridiculous and got called on it. 

11 hours ago, mhm2020 said:

Hogrider, the OP said he would stop over-moisturizing and you posted a snarky reply. How do you expect him to respond? Knock it off. That was uncalled for. 

Are you a new moderator? I didn't think so. Maybe you think that 14 posts in a year and a half gives you the right to set rules for the forum?

Read what was written, "Kept finding conflicting stuff online regarding keeping it moisturised" Not sure how that translates into some kind of reasoning that he should drown it.

Also, there is a handy ignore feature on this forum. If you don't like my posts, please feel free to use it.

Edited by Hogrider

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, Hogrider said:

Are you a new moderator? I didn't think so. Maybe you think that 14 posts in a year and a half gives you the right to set rules for the forum?

Read what was written, "Kept finding conflicting stuff online regarding keeping it moisturised" Not sure how that translates into some kind of reasoning that he should drown it.

Also, there is a handy ignore feature on this forum. If you don't like my posts, please feel free to use it.

I don’t need to be a moderator or a frequent poster in order to call out rude behavior, do I? If you want to get down to brass tacks, the forum rules do state this is supposed to be a positive and helpful environment and your comment wasn’t either of those things. 

But thanks for the suggestion, I’ll definitely be clicking the ignore button. 

1 hour ago, mhm2020 said:

I don’t need to be a moderator or a frequent poster in order to call out rude behavior, do I? If you want to get down to brass tacks, the forum rules do state this is supposed to be a positive and helpful environment and your comment wasn’t either of those things. 

How will I ever get over this???? Boo hoo me!

16 hours ago, mhm2020 said:

Bless your simple heart.

Ignores go both ways. BYEEEEE. 🤣