from SFgate.com "Tattoo health risks - research raises concerns"

MsRad

Hi,

Quick question for the tattooists here regarding health concerns please. This thread looked apt to ask here... hope so!

20 seconds into this clip this man shows how to clean a machine and get it ready. Is this common practice?

Video: How to Clean a Tattoo Machine | eHow.com

Hi @Inkwitch,

Professional tattooing techniques are not really the kind of thing we discuss here at Last Sparrow. Take a look at our Tattoo Newbie Guidelines and you'll see the following:

Do not start threads asking about specific tattooing equipment or techniques, LST is not here to teach anyone how to tattoo. Ask your own tattooer, the next time you are getting tattooed. Maybe they'll answer you, maybe they won't.

I'd recommend doing just that--ask your tattooer next time you're getting tattooed. And if you're not getting tattooed any time soon...well, you're missing out!

Welcome, by the way. I hope you like it here.

Thanks for the reminder hogg. I didnt think, I didnt realize I was asking a question breaking the rules. It was a safety question in my head however I see now its a trade question too.

Yes I do like it here. I have a list of tattoos stacking up in my head. I have been hanging around a couple studios as much as I can without being a bad smell. I feel rude asking, like I am questioning their art or skill.... guess I will have to get over that and ask directly.

Yes, I am missing out... I forget what the burn is like... :-(

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...