Hi!

TrixieFaux

Hi, I've posted a couple of times on other threads but here's my initiation post...

I'm a 42 y.o. wife, mother of a rambunctious little three year old, and inner city kindergarten teacher. Even though I am now a regular old tax paying, contributing member of society I still feel a connection w/the teenage punk rocker that I once was. Having tattoos helps me maintain that part of my identity... I think. Either that or I just like 'em. I got my first tattoo in 1992 and my fifth one last month. I will most likely get more.

I'm learning a lot here. One bummer was reading that tattoo artists hate tattooing owls because apparently there is an owl trend among hipsters of late? One of the two tattoos I got last month is of an owl. Being a working mom, I don't go to shows any more and don't run into many hipsters so I didn't know of this trend. But I have always loved owls and as a teacher thought it would make a nice symbol for the love of my profession. Oh well. I love my barn owl tattoo and would have still wanted it had I known.

ahhh yes, i remember the picture and purple panther now, thanks for reposting.

While in LA recently I learned the purple panther is where some of my favorite tattooers got their starts there after apprenticeships....heard some good stories. I had never seen the shop nor heard of it and have driven by it god knows how many times until my friend pointed it out and told me.