Need Advice

Blue Tattoo

I'm 59 and 6 weeks ago I got my first tattoo.  I love it  but there are a couple of blowouts, that while not horrible they're still there.  Is it because of my age or the artists skill level? 

There are several more I want to get, however if all my  tattoos are going to blowout because of my age I'll need to rethink that. 

Don't look at it under a microscope. Seriously. No tattoo is perfect. Your skin isn't a piece of paper. There's nothing wrong with that tattoo, but I would seriously evaluate your expectations. I don't mean this in an unkind way, but if you are expecting perfection, don't get any more tattoos because you'll never achieve it. Step back and look at the big picture, you have a nice tattoo, I'd just enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Blue Tattoo said:

I've been wanting this for years and as it's my first, my expectations were probably not realistic. But I still love it and really liked the artist, too. 

I appreciate your insight and candor. 

Based on the threads posted here by newbies, a lot of artist do a terrible job educating their clients.

My artist told me early on to look at the big picture. I love my tattoos and I never look at them under a microscope.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 8:30 PM, Simong said:

As others have said there is no way in a million years you would see that without it being pointed out. We always over scrutinise our own tattoos as we see them all the time. All tattoos have imperfections if you look close enough, yours looks like a good tattoo. 👍

Thanks. After living with it for a few weeks those areas don't bother me anymore.  The advice I received here and looking at loads of tattoos helped. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, Blue Tattoo said:

Thanks. After living with it for a few weeks those areas don't bother me anymore.  The advice I received here and looking at loads of tattoos helped. 

Yeah I think it’s just getting used to it on your body at first. Over time you get used to it and are then too busy usually planning your next one. 👍

22 hours ago, Simong said:

Yeah I think it’s just getting used to it on your body at first. Over time you get used to it and are then too busy usually planning your next one. 👍

I really like the way it looks now.  Not sure if it cleared up or I just got used to it, but the area that bothered me doesn't stand out at all anymore.   

I am thinking about my next tattoos already. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, Blue Tattoo said:

I really like the way it looks now.  Not sure if it cleared up or I just got used to it, but the area that bothered me doesn't stand out at all anymore.   

I am thinking about my next tattoos already. 

That’s good, I think after a certain point you just get used to things. What worried you at the beginning is not important. All tattoos are imperfect, if you look hard enough there is always a flaw. I think once you get over that perfection thing it definitely helps. 👍