Question About Feminine and Masculine Fonts

Assau1tedPeanut

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to tattoos and am looking to get my first ones soon. I'm a 39 year old male, and looking to get my boys names on the side of my hands, one on each hand.

Is the font example provided look like a more feminine font where people like think it looks funny on me? I think cursive looks great and looked through lots of different examples. I'm just not sure if this skews more towards the girly side than the manly side, or is there kind of a big gray area so to speak?

I realize a lot of this is personal preference and I should do what I want, but I also don't want to unkowingly do something where others will wonder why man chose that style. I'm hoping someone can shed some knowledge on me, thanks for you help.

Bigtime Font.jpg

I'll start by saying I'm not a fan of script, but unless you have pink script with flowers and unicorns, I don't think there is a masculine vs. feminine script. 

I'll also throw out there that having your hands tattooed is a big step. Yes, tattoos have become way more accepted today, but hand tattoos are still pretty out there. Also, the skin on the side of your hands is thin and so will be prone to blowouts. Make sure you get someone really good that knows what they are doing. It's really hard to do perfect script; there is no room for error. Too many people think script is simple and get the local hack to do it.

Good luck

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

Also, the skin on the side of your hands is thin and so will be prone to blowouts. Make sure you get someone really good that knows what they are doing. It's really hard to do perfect script; there is no room for error. Too many people think script is simple and get the local hack to do it.

Good luck

THIS.

I think the font looks unisex to me. I don’t really think there is a feminine style. As said before make sure to pick a good artist as it’s on your hands and will be highly visible. The simple looking tattoos are actually very difficult as all the imperfections are visible. Good luck!