Possible infection or allergic reaction to 6 day old tattoo?

Marie

50 minutes ago, oboogie said:

You. Are. Not. Allergic. To. The. Ink. It was a heavy-handed tattoo artist. That's it. The end. Just let the thing heal.

As for you not caring, that's not true—we've told you multiple times what went on with your tattoo, but you keep talking about an allergy.

Yeah dude, I’m letting it heal. But my dermatologist just got back with me this morning after we took a patch test of the site and it did in fact come back of me having an allergic reaction along with a mild surface infection. Topical steroids were given along with finishing my oral antibiotics. I know it was heavy handed, heck even the dermatologist said so, but I knew something else was wrong when it since it was super hot and had pus and was growing larger. So forgive me for not thinking it was just the end of a heavy hand and knowing it had to be something else as well. I understand your concerns of wanting to drill into me that it was strictly an artist chewing the shit out of my arm and I definitely won’t be going back there, and thanks to everyone who has responded with their input. 

Damn guys, leave the woman alone. She has a concern about a permanent piece of work on her arm, she has a right to be concerned. Neither of you guys are doctors of any sort, so technically, you have no idea if its a allergic reaction, infection, etc…the lady says its both, diagnosed by a medical doctor, so it’s an infection. I’m having the same sort of situation with a 6 day old piece of mine, and yes, I have questions. Sue her good lord leave her alone. 

9 hours ago, NoCo1234 said:

Damn guys, leave the woman alone. She has a concern about a permanent piece of work on her arm, she has a right to be concerned. Neither of you guys are doctors of any sort, so technically, you have no idea if its a allergic reaction, infection, etc…the lady says its both, diagnosed by a medical doctor, so it’s an infection. I’m having the same sort of situation with a 6 day old piece of mine, and yes, I have questions. Sue her good lord leave her alone. 

She’s asking opinions and we’re providing them. I don’t need to be a doctor to know the symptoms of an infection and she doesn’t have them. As to allergies, if you look at the medical literature, the number of actual documented allergies is tiny. The chances that this is an allergy is close to zero. What many of us with years of experience getting tattoos have seen is tattoos like this caused by someone tattooing like they were using a jackhammer.

When the most likely explanation covers all of your symptoms, it’s probably the correct one.

Last, YOU don’t set the rules here. If you want to be the big cheese, start your own forum.

Edited by Hogrider

20 hours ago, Marie said:

Yeah dude, I’m letting it heal. But my dermatologist just got back with me this morning after we took a patch test of the site and it did in fact come back of me having an allergic reaction along with a mild surface infection. Topical steroids were given along with finishing my oral antibiotics. I know it was heavy handed, heck even the dermatologist said so, but I knew something else was wrong when it since it was super hot and had pus and was growing larger. So forgive me for not thinking it was just the end of a heavy hand and knowing it had to be something else as well. I understand your concerns of wanting to drill into me that it was strictly an artist chewing the shit out of my arm and I definitely won’t be going back there, and thanks to everyone who has responded with their input. 

Marie - This is the first time you've posted that. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was addressing your original post, "There isn’t any redness really and it’s not hot, but it is tender in those specific areas." Which is quite different than super hot, has pus and is growing larger.

Anyway, I hope it heals nicely.

37 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Marie - This is the first time you've posted that. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was addressing your original post, "There isn’t any redness really and it’s not hot, but it is tender in those specific areas." Which is quite different than super hot, has pus and is growing larger.

Anyway, I hope it heals nicely.

This. You have to provide all the details to get accurate help. 

12 hours ago, NoCo1234 said:

Oh, look! Another name for my ignore list. Also, button it up. You don't set the rules here, as @Hogridersaid. Who the F*** are you anyway? 🤣

And yours isn't infected, either, hotshot. 

• Steve locked this topic