We need a Stickie thread about infections, healing, blowouts in the Initiation folder!

Hogrider

Newbies mostly, come on all the time asking if something is infected. It's true, we aren't doctors, and even if we were, we shouldn't be dispensing medical advice over the internet, BUT some of us have been around long enough to know what to look for. If it's not hot, oozing, smelling, extremely painful, it's not likely to be an infection. That's just a fact. I'd be the last one to discourage someone from seeking medical advice if they were concerned, but there are indicators.

Same with healing - people come on all the time, "I've had this tattoo for two days, will it heal right?"

Same with blowouts - "How do I fix a blowout?"

Same with reactions/allergies - "My tattoo itches, am I allergic to the ink?"

There are probably some others that I'm not thinking about. Just food for thought.

And for Christ's sake, don't come on the forum asking for advice and then start arguing! If you already know the answer, what are you asking for? And if you don't know the answer, why are you arguing with my answer?

• Steve pinned this topic
3 hours ago, oboogie said:

Oh, my god. Yes, please. It's the exact same question over and over and over and over and over.

They probably still won't read the pinned thread, but it's worth a shot.

True, but we can point them to it and ask them to read it before they ask further questions. I'm not trying to stifle traffic, I'm just trying to create a forum where the same questions aren't asked three times a week.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Great idea! I have pinned this thread. let me know if it should be a different thread. thank you both of you, @Hogrider @oboogie for all of your great contributions over the years! 

Thanks Steve! I'm sure this will be a work in progress, but at least it's started.

17 hours ago, Steve said:

Great idea! I have pinned this thread. let me know if it should be a different thread. thank you both of you, @Hogrider @oboogie for all of your great contributions over the years! 

Thanks. Steve! This is a great start!

15 hours ago, Hogrider said:

True, but we can point them to it and ask them to read it before they ask further questions. I'm not trying to stifle traffic, I'm just trying to create a forum where the same questions aren't asked three times a week.

Thanks Steve! I'm sure this will be a work in progress, but at least it's started.

You're right, @Hogrider. It's an excellent idea.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:55 PM, Hogrider said:

Newbies mostly, come on all the time asking if something is infected. It's true, we aren't doctors, and even if we were, we shouldn't be dispensing medical advice over the internet, BUT some of us have been around long enough to know what to look for. If it's not hot, oozing, smelling, extremely painful, it's not likely to be an infection. That's just a fact. I'd be the last one to discourage someone from seeking medical advice if they were concerned, but there are indicators.

Same with healing - people come on all the time, "I've had this tattoo for two days, will it heal right?"

Same with blowouts - "How do I fix a blowout?"

Same with reactions/allergies - "My tattoo itches, am I allergic to the ink?"

There are probably some others that I'm not thinking about. Just food for thought.

And for Christ's sake, don't come on the forum asking for advice and then start arguing! If you already know the answer, what are you asking for? And if you don't know the answer, why are you arguing with my answer?

I think it's a great idea. It's all new to me.

Edited by Blue Tattoo