Saniderm- yay or nay?

mhm2020

Hey everyone!! So I have been getting tattooed a lot this year and one of my artists had me heal with saniderm. At first I really hated taking it off but the results I got from it were amazing. Since then i have healed 2 more tattoos this way and never looked back. I have found with my newer tats if I make sure to shave the surrounding skin really well it makes everything so much easier and I don’t mind it at all. 

what is everyone’s experiences with saniderm/ second skin healing? 

14 hours ago, Blue Tattoo said:

It's what both of the artists used on my tattoos.  The second artist told me to keep it on for a week. So it's all I know and even though it's a pisser pulling it off, I'm very happy with the results. 

It is a pain (sometimes literally) to get it off for sure, but it’s so so worth it in my experience. My tattoos are so crisp and bright and I had zero fallout which isn’t the case with any of my other tats. They healed up so much better. 

On 12/16/2022 at 9:56 AM, SStu said:

Absolutely. Aside from the supreme protection against possible infection getting into the fresh wound, it minimizes healing time for sure. I only leave mine on for 4 days, but my regular tattooist says he leaves his one for at least a week. 

I have had the same experience with them healing up faster. My most recent tattoo I got when I was in South America, and using saniderm was ideal for traveling with a fresh tattoo. You don’t have to worry about it at all!! 

I have heard conflicting opinions about how long to leave it on. When I was traveling I left it on for 2 days then changed it when I got home, but typically I change it after 24 hrs and then leave it on for 5 days after that. That has always been the instruction by my artist anyway… but I guess you could leave it on for the full time.  

Edited by mhm2020

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:56 AM, SStu said:

Absolutely. Aside from the supreme protection against possible infection getting into the fresh wound, it minimizes healing time for sure. I only leave mine on for 4 days, but my regular tattooist says he leaves his one for at least a week. 

The first artist told me to give it 4 days, the second a week.  I did the week, but I was tempted to pull it off earlier.   My wife had her tattoo artist use the tape, but it was opaque, at least mine was clear so I could see mine.

10 hours ago, oboogie said:

Why does mine always come off? It never stays on four days or a week for me. It always ends up leaking, and I have to remove it.

this what I do and it seems to work good for me, I don't put the saniderm on until about 24 hours after getting the tattoo,

before I get the tattoo I shave the area around where I am getting the tattoo, and where the saniderm will be applied,the saniderm sticks betterwith no body hair,

for the first 24 hours after getting the tattoo I keep cocoa butter on it, and I wash it every few hours with anti-microbial soap or what ever you use, and keep applying a light coat of the butter, and I use saran wrap to keep it covered,

then after about 24 hours I wash it one more time and apply the saniderm to dry clean skin (no cocoa butter) most all of the liquid is done oozing at this point and it stays on for 4 or 5 days ,no more liquid build up happens.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:36 AM, oboogie said:

Thanks, guys. l obviously I need to apply it myself the next day. The artist had been applying it for me.

And my 1st experience was like that, and the bubble of ooze just shrunk and dried. After 4-5 days I just carefully removed the cover and it all washed away nicely. 

• 2 months later...

Yes, Second Skin always work best for me in the tattoo healing process. Because it creates a protective barrier over the tattooed area that helps to protect the tattoo from bacteria and other contaminants while also allowing the skin to breathe. This can help to speed up the healing process and reduce the risk of infection. Additionally, Second Skin can help to reduce discomfort and itching during the healing process.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:12 AM, Amelia Smith said:

Yes, Second Skin always work best for me in the tattoo healing process. Because it creates a protective barrier over the tattooed area that helps to protect the tattoo from bacteria and other contaminants while also allowing the skin to breathe. This can help to speed up the healing process and reduce the risk of infection. Additionally, Second Skin can help to reduce discomfort and itching during the healing process.

Please advertise your shitty site somewhere else.