str8edg

Here is some pics of the cover-up I just had done. I don't have a pic of the finished tattoo I will get one taken when my wife gets back.

Before

before_thumb.jpg

Almost done

almost_done-01_thumb.jpg

Almost done back view

almost_done-02_thumb.jpg

The whole photo set on Flickr

I am so glad to have this cover-up done.

I didn't care about the spider I got it when I was 16 and was quite used to it... kind of liked it to be honest. I will get another small spider again one day.

The dragonflies on the other hand... I REALLY hated them. I went into a street shop one day looking for a band of lizards (which would have still sucked) and ended up with this because I was in a hurry, stupid and did not know any better.

To be honest it turned me from tattoo for years. I went in for some script on my wrist and started talking to a real tattooer that I got brave again.

The tattoo is done my Alicia E from Trouble Bound Studios in Newfoundland.

The reason for a dragon? Well my whole mindset on life changed when I became a dad. I suddenly knew my role had changed to protecter and that is what a dragon is to me.

OK enough typing, did I mention I tend to ramble?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Here is some pics of the cover-up I just had done. I don't have a pic of the finished tattoo I will get one taken when my wife gets back.

Before

before_thumb.jpg

index.jpg

Almost done

almost_done-01_thumb.jpg

Almost done back view

almost_done-02_thumb.jpg

The whole photo set on Flickr

I am so glad to have this cover-up done.

I didn't care about the spider I got it when I was 16 and was quite used to it... kind of liked it to be honest. I will get another small spider again one day.

The dragonflies on the other hand... I REALLY hated them. I went into a street shop one day looking for a band of lizards (which would have still sucked) and ended up with this because I was in a hurry, stupid and did not know any better.

To be honest it turned me from tattoo for years. I went in for some script on my wrist and started talking to a real tattooer that I got brave again.

The tattoo is done my Alicia E from Trouble Bound Studios in Newfoundland.

The reason for a dragon? Well my whole mindset on life changed when I became a dad. I suddenly knew my role had changed to protecter and that is what a dragon is to me.

OK enough typing, did I mention I tend to ramble?

I should try this at home ;)

• 6 months later...

Everyone I see talk about coverups says that the new design must be substantially bigger. I have a portrait tattoo on my chest that doesn't really allow that much higher a use of space but I know a very talented artist that says he can do something with it. Does anyone have any stories or relative experience with a coverup?