Wedding band tattoos

dari

Hello all,

I have a friend who's husband can't wear a ring, so they're thinking about wedding band tattoos. Does anyone on here have them, or have any pictures of cool designs?

Thanks in advance for any pictures or advice.

the guy who took over my position has and infinity loop on his wedding finger, and i assume it is also on his wife's. i thought it was cute.

if Jackson and i ever get married, we'll be getting coins flipping (not on our fingers though haha), because when we first started dating, we could never decide where to go eat, so we'd flip a coin. he suggested the idea.

Nothing lasts, isn't that part of the appeal of tattoos? Not a huge fan of the wedding ring tattoos, but we've been talking about each getting something after the wedding.

This is also true, I guess I'm just a firm beliver that tattoos shouldn't be gotten for a relationship. Me myself have been married for 4 years now. I have a ring, maybe worn it a dozen or so times. Wife is fine with it. But why something so simple as a ring or a tattooed ring is needed to say your married. I don't know, guess I'm just simple that way, a ring won't make a marrige, you have to.

the guy who took over my position has and infinity loop on his wedding finger, and i assume it is also on his wife's. i thought it was cute.

if Jackson and i ever get married, we'll be getting coins flipping (not on our fingers though haha), because when we first started dating, we could never decide where to go eat, so we'd flip a coin. he suggested the idea.

I like this idea oppossed to getting wedding bands, most couples could come up with something more meaningful to their relationship

my co-wokers got tribal bands tattooed on their fingers. they will be getting married in a month or so. i think good for them, they have faith that they will be together till they die! i met another girl who got a huge diamond ring tattooed on her forearm. to be honest i think it looks kind of weird, placement wise, but the tattoo itself is really really nice!

and as for myself i am not interested in getting any type of wedding band tattoo, IF i were to get married.

Gonna throw my experience in here...

I do not have a wedding band tattoo and my dude refuses to tattoo one on me or get one himself. I wanted a diamond tattooed on my ring finger but now I've got a real one and it's way better ;) For those times when I don't want to wear my diamond ring I have my grandmothers plain gold wedding band. I plan on wearing that when I am travelling in sketchy countries and when I'm doing things with my hands that could hurt my ring. I have 'ELVIS' (like the singing king) on one side of my ring finger and '$' on the other side. Got them before I even knew my fiancé, he doesn't seem to mind.

I do however have a portrait of my dude as a hot stuff devil (it's pretty amazing). My dude thought I was joking when I told him I was getting it but he's cool with it since his best friend did the tattoo and it's a really good tattoo. I also have the 'hand with and envelope' tattoo, the envelope has his initials on it, he did the tattoo himself. I also have at least 6 tattoos that were done by my dude but don't contain initials or names or anything like that.

Obviously I think we're going to be together forever, I'm sure everyone who gets married thinks that at some point. We are one of those couples that everyone says "you guys really are gonna be together forever" or "usually I don't get to excited when people get engaged but you guys are a really special couple" and that kind of stuff. So yeah I really do think we'll be together till death do us part, and it seems like most people who know us think the same. So for me couple tattoos haven't been the kiss of death, I agree with Dari that it's just most relationships don't work.

My dude's first tattoo is a bomb with a banner that says 'Mr. Lucky' I've always liked the tattoo and it still looks good 15 years later. I asked him once a long time ago if we ever got married would it be lame to get the same tattoo with 'Mrs. Lucky' in the banner. I haven't thought about it in a while but I still might do it. The guy who did his still works at Inksmith too so it really would be the same tattoo from the same person and likely in the same spot on my body.

I really like the idea mrs. rad's friend did with the infinity loop rather than a wedding band. I find most finger bands that go all the way around end up looking kind of shitty after a while or end up blown out from the start. Fingers ain't easy to get tattooed so if anyone does do it, make sure your tattooer has done this before and knows what's up!

My husband Don, lost his wedding ring , so this year for Valentine"s Day we got back to back "Ds" on our wedding ring fingers.

We have been married for 20 years and I can't stress just how strongly PRO-NAME I am. Actually, any tattoo that signifies your devotion to one another is good in my book.

Don has my name on his chest that Ms Deborah did 20 yrs ago. My name in a banner in a design That Eric Inksmith did for our 1st anniversary, and Mike Wilson did my profile on Don's hand a couple of years ago.

I also have his name in a few places as well as the band.

Just going in to a relationship with the attitude that it isn't going to work is in my opinion, negative.

And you know what? if we ever split up and I don't want his name anymore, i'll cover it up.

I wish as many people would give as much advice and input when their friends tell them they're going to start a family with their mates.

"Joe and I are in love and we want to have a -----/ get a ------"

" Oh, don't! That's the kiss of death in a marriage"

Just my two cents (:

I wear a ring and probably wouldn't get a wedding band tattoo, but I have a heart with a key hole and my wife has a skeleton key tattooed on her so that's our "marriage tattoo" so to speak. I know a couple people that have anchors tattooed on their ring fingers and that looks okay, but still thinks its a bad idea in general. I have my son's name tattooed on me (above a baby skull) and that's about it and that's funny because I have what I thought was my first sons name tattooed in a banner below a traditional crying baby. I tried to get custody of him when he was six months old and did a paternity test and found out he wasn't mine and of course when she couldn't get any money out of me she stopped letting me see him. But the tattoo is in such a place that i am pretty much stuck with it forever.

My husband Don, lost his wedding ring , so this year for Valentine"s Day we got back to back "Ds" on our wedding ring fingers.

We have been married for 20 years and I can't stress just how strongly PRO-NAME I am. Actually, any tattoo that signifies your devotion to one another is good in my book.

Don has my name on his chest that Ms Deborah did 20 yrs ago. My name in a banner in a design That Eric Inksmith did for our 1st anniversary, and Mike Wilson did my profile on Don's hand a couple of years ago.

I also have his name in a few places as well as the band.

Just going in to a relationship with the attitude that it isn't going to work is in my opinion, negative.

And you know what? if we ever split up and I don't want his name anymore, i'll cover it up.

I wish as many people would give as much advice and input when their friends tell them they're going to start a family with their mates.

"Joe and I are in love and we want to have a -----/ get a ------"

" Oh, don't! That's the kiss of death in a marriage"

Just my two cents (:

Funny, kids are more permanent than tattoos and you can't remove them with a laser and they are way more expensive. Yeah I think my new advice to people will be don't have more kids get more tattoos and I think I will take my own advice in this case.

I had our wedding date engraved inside my ring. Recently, I got a new ring just because I thought the old was outdated and liked some of the new stuff I was seeing. I ended getting a tungsten something or other and it cant be engraved. It was funny to my wife and I because we both relied on that ring to remind us what year we were married. We were actually celebrating our 5th anniversary when part way through the evening we looked at the ring and realized it was our 6th. Oops.

So after reading this thread, maybe I will get the date tattooed on my finger, under my ring.

my parents have been married for 52 yrs,beautiful. they love each other dearly. I have been married 3 times. I guess either im an idiot, or things just aint what they used to be. everyone has to do what they feel is right. Ive done, im sure, hundreds of names for a lot of different reasons. Im not real superstitious, although I like superstitions. I dont think a ring or a tattoo makes or breaks a relationship, its just a symbol. I like symbols.