Extended healing?

Blue Tattoo

So my question for the old timers.  I got my tattoo, a band around my calf, 12 weeks ago and followed my artists advice.  Kept it under the tape for a week and kept it moisturized(still do).  It seemed to heal normally except for the back of my leg. It feels rough and raised almost like it's still peeling.  If this is the way that it's going to be, I'm okay with it, I mean I still love it and I'm not deterred from getting more tattoos.

Is this still healing, is it normal but just on the long side?

Any ideas? You can kind of see it in this picture. 

The raised area is only in the darker blue  the top of the piece has healed smoothly.

20230203_072320.thumb.jpg.131ff4e842788fd4c6392516fc2486c6.jpg

Edited by Blue Tattoo
More information

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

At 12 weeks they are usually healed, but older, thin skin can take longer. There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with it, I’d just keep moisturizing the skin and see what happens.

I was curious if my age would have something to do with it. I'll continue to moisturize it and be patient. 

It is also the area that hurt the most during the session.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, SStu said:

66 here. 

Also, the farther away from your heart usually means longer healing. My ankles and feet took several weeks. 

That makes sense.

7 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I started at 50, I’m about 3 appointments away from finishing a body suit.

Do you have pics on this site?Have you used the same artist the whole time?

2 hours ago, Blue Tattoo said:

That makes sense.

Do you have pics on this site?Have you used the same artist the whole time?

No, I’ve never put up pics of the whole thing. Too many crazies out there for me to want to be easily identifiable. Yes, I have used the same artist the whole time. I went in to get a kokopeli and wound up with a sleeve, then a chest panel, another sleeve, full back and on from there.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

No, I’ve never put up pics of the whole thing. Too many crazies out there for me to want to be easily identifiable. Yes, I have used the same artist the whole time. I went in to get a kokopeli and wound up with a sleeve, then a chest panel, another sleeve, full back and on from there.

I get that about staying private.   

I may work up to a sleeve,but for now I'm going to go where it takes me.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

looks normal to me,  those little wrinkles can last a while, put away the magnifying glass.

I know nobody can see them, it's just me.  I still love it.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Guddu said:

Based on your description and the picture, it is possible that the raised and rough area on the back of your calf is still in the process of healing. While the healing process for a tattoo typically takes around 2-3 weeks, it can take up to several months for the skin to fully heal and regenerate.

The raised and rough texture may be due to the build-up of scar tissue or excess collagen, which can occur as the skin repairs itself. This is a natural part of the healing process, and in many cases, the rough texture will gradually improve over time.

It is also possible that the raised area may be the result of an allergic reaction or infection, although these are less common. If you experience any pain, redness, or swelling around the tattoo, or if the raised area does not improve over time, it is important to consult with a medical professional to rule out any complications.

In the meantime, continue to follow your artist's advice by keeping the tattoo moisturized and avoiding any activities that may irritate or damage the area. With time and proper care, the rough and raised area should eventually smooth out and blend in with the rest of the tattoo.

For More visit expertstattoo.com

First post is shilling your site. Wham, Bam, thank you Ma'am, don't even buy us a drink first.

This is the equivalent of walking into a bar and saying, "Hey, I have a bar down the street, come on down there to drink." It's just Fckn rude.

Edited by Hogrider

• 6 months later...

Hey all, sorry for posting my query here as I don't know why I can't open new thread. 

Anyways, I've got a lymphatic massage scheduled for next week in NYC, and I'm really looking forward to it. However, I have a few tattoos and I'm a bit concerned about how the massage might impact them. I've heard conflicting opinions, so I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone has personal experience or insights to share.

My main worry is whether the massage will cause any fading or distortion of the ink in my tattoos. I've invested a lot of time and money into them, and I definitely want to avoid any potential damage.

If you've had a lymphatic massage with tattoos, please let me know how it went. Did you notice any changes in the appearance of your tattoos afterward? Were there any precautions you took or advice from your therapist?

4 minutes ago, Ashton Drew said:

Hey all, sorry for posting my query here as I don't know why I can't open new thread. 

Anyways, I've got a lymphatic massage scheduled for next week in NYC, and I'm really looking forward to it. However, I have a few tattoos and I'm a bit concerned about how the massage might impact them. I've heard conflicting opinions, so I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone has personal experience or insights to share.

My main worry is whether the massage will cause any fading or distortion of the ink in my tattoos. I've invested a lot of time and money into them, and I definitely want to avoid any potential damage.

If you've had a lymphatic massage with tattoos, please let me know how it went. Did you notice any changes in the appearance of your tattoos afterward after Lymphatic Massage Nyc? Were there any precautions you took or advice from your therapist?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or information you can provide. Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, Ashton Drew said:

If you've had a lymphatic massage with tattoos, please let me know how it went. Did you notice any changes in the appearance of your tattoos afterward? Were there any precautions you took or advice from your therapist?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or information you can provide. Thanks in advance!

Whoever said any type of massage can affect a tattoo doesn’t know what they are talking about. A tattoo is a physical substance under your skin. They are going to massage so hard the will dislodge it???

Relax and enjoy your massage.

Edited by Hogrider