Does this look OK?

InkNewb

Hi guys, 

New to the forum and recently caught the tattoo bug! Had 7 since November and more booked in. However as part of filler for my latest tattoo it's developed some thick scabbing in one area and I'm a little bit concerned as I've never had scabbing quite so thick.

From what I've read maybe it's just overworked but I thought I'd ask for some second opinions whilst introducing myself 

Ps I know one of the petals could do with a touch up, not an issue! 

Thanks and hi 

20230301_173829.jpg

Edited by InkNewb

Welcome to the forum. I can't really tell if it's overworked from the pic. Sometimes things heal rough no matter how good the tattooer is or how good care you take of it. How long ago did you get it? In general they take 4-6 weeks to heal, longer if they scab heavily. Worst case scenario, you can usually fix it with a touch up.

5 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Welcome to the forum. I can't really tell if it's overworked from the pic. Sometimes things heal rough no matter how good the tattooer is or how good care you take of it. How long ago did you get it? In general they take 4-6 weeks to heal, longer if they scab heavily. Worst case scenario, you can usually fix it with a touch up.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. It's only 8 days old so pretty early days - the area around it all seems to have healed nice, it's just the one specific line really where it seems to be a bit scabby still, normally mine are all healed up by around the 10 day mark so there's time yet! 

2 hours ago, InkNewb said:

Hi, thanks for the welcome. It's only 8 days old so pretty early days - the area around it all seems to have healed nice, it's just the one specific line really where it seems to be a bit scabby still, normally mine are all healed up by around the 10 day mark so there's time yet! 

The hardest part of getting tattoos is waiting for them to heal!

35 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

The hardest part of getting tattoos is waiting for them to heal!

Most definitely, especially when they never seem to heal consistently and everyone has a different opinion on healing etc! Don't get me started on Google, according to Google I should be dead 🤣

On 3/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, InkNewb said:

Hi guys, 

New to the forum and recently caught the tattoo bug! Had 7 since November and more booked in. However as part of filler for my latest tattoo it's developed some thick scabbing in one area and I'm a little bit concerned as I've never had scabbing quite so thick.

From what I've read maybe it's just overworked but I thought I'd ask for some second opinions whilst introducing myself 

Ps I know one of the petals could do with a touch up, not an issue! 

Thanks and hi 

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objective, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.