New tattoo darkness

Argonauts

Hello

I got a new tattoo it will be about 2 weeks tomorrow since I've gotten it. It still looks a bit dark for my liking. It's black and gray.

Will it fade a bit more given more time or is what I see now what I will be getting in terms of color? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, SStu said:

Yep, healing is 4-6 weeks and it'll be months before the ink fully settles in and the blacks aren't quite so dark and bold. Everything will tone down a bit. 

When you say settle I assume that's referring to the raised portions of the tattoo? Because if I run my fingers on the outline of the tattoo I can feel it now after 3 weeks. 

18 hours ago, Argonauts said:

When you say settle I assume that's referring to the raised portions of the tattoo? Because if I run my fingers on the outline of the tattoo I can feel it now after 3 weeks. 

No - I'm just talking about how the ink will tone down from bright black to flat, dark grey. 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:30 AM, Argonauts said:

Hello

I got a new tattoo it will be about 2 weeks tomorrow since I've gotten it. It still looks a bit dark for my liking. It's black and gray.

Will it fade a bit more given more time or is what I see now what I will be getting in terms of color? 

This is a good thread about tattoo.

2 hours ago, SStu said:

No - I'm just talking about how the ink will tone down from bright black to flat, dark grey. 

Ahh I see okay that's good to know. 

Any ideas on why I can feel my outline when I run my fingers over it? Perhaps it's all part of the healing process but I wouldn't know..