Messed up tattoo - thanks pooch 🙄

Laurenellen1209

I got this done 10 days ago now, as you can see the middle of the train scabbed HEAVILY.

I normally always scab heavily regardless of if I dry or wet heal so the scabs wasn't too worrying for me. 

Fast forward to this morning when my pooch got a little bit too excited to see me and clawed the whole scab off, far too early. 

Now I know this was far too early with the amount of colour that has left, what's now concerning me is the hole.. 

Will this just heal as a scar with no ink at all and require touching up? (I know a touch up will be needed for the other part) 

Artist is currently away on holiday so not answering messages and I know I've got a few weeks/months left for it to completley heal, I just didn't want an infection to creep in. 

20230404_204446.jpg

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

There is no way to know how it will heal, you just have to wait. I rarely have scabs, but I had one the size of a dime on my leg and it ripped off accidentally. It healed perfectly, but did need to be touched up. It took about three months to completely heal.

42 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I have dogs. I've been there. Try not to worry about it. It can always be touched up.

Thank you so much both of you, much appreciated :)! 

It does look a little bit better today, it looks like the hole is closing up now so I'm hoping this will still have little ink parts left in it

I knew a touch up was going to be needed with how much colour was taken with the scab but I just didn't know if anyone else had the same sort of issues with the scabs coming off and leaving the hole.

I'll keep on top of the moisturising and hopefully in the next few months, it will look slightly better and can nip for my touch up :)! 

5 hours ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

Thank you so much both of you, much appreciated :)! 

It does look a little bit better today, it looks like the hole is closing up now so I'm hoping this will still have little ink parts left in it

I knew a touch up was going to be needed with how much colour was taken with the scab but I just didn't know if anyone else had the same sort of issues with the scabs coming off and leaving the hole.

I'll keep on top of the moisturising and hopefully in the next few months, it will look slightly better and can nip for my touch up :)! 

Just to be clear, mine doesn’t look a little better, it healed completely.