Long-time Lurker

ThaliaCamille

Time to come out of the woodwork :)

I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I study Design (mostly graphic/web stuff), but would someday like to be a tattoo artist. I know I have a buttload of work ahead of me, and take every opportunity to immerse myself in anything tattoo-related.

hey thalia,when i started tattooing it was pretty much dirtbags, or some extremely talented people on the fringe,so i personally think,annoucing that you want to do this horribly humble art, is offensive. i understand nowadays ''they'' tell children they would make good tattoo ''artists''.freaks me the fuc4 OUT.this little girl told me the other day that during her'' occupational programing'',them fackers told her ''oh'' you should be a tattoo artist, live a day in my shoes. sorry.thats my attitude.unless you wanna sit around waint fer the next dumbass to walk thru the door, pick graphic design, yall are very confused.

hey thalia,when i started tattooing it was pretty much dirtbags, or some extremely talented people on the fringe,so i personally think,annoucing that you want to do this horribly humble art, is offensive. i understand nowadays ''they'' tell children they would make good tattoo ''artists''.freaks me the fuc4 OUT.this little girl told me the other day that during her'' occupational programing'',them fackers told her ''oh'' you should be a tattoo artist, live a day in my shoes. sorry.thats my attitude.unless you wanna sit around waint fer the next dumbass to walk thru the door, pick graphic design, yall are very confused.

I'm not sure what assumptions you're making about my age/experience/expectations, but I don't think they're correct. It seems like you're saying no one should attempt to enter the industry. Believe me, I don't have "rose coloured glasses", or believe in this "glamourous" image that seems to be portrayed at times. I think it is a legitimate line of work to take an interest in. Difficult? Absolutely. Stressful? Obviously. Unlikely to happen? Maybe. But I don't see how aspiring to tattoo and (very briefly, and without any detail) stating that fact is offensive.