Dumb Hipster Tattoos

ShawnPorter

So a few months ago I started noticing this weird hipster trend of posting photos of oneself with a nosebleed. It was all over the social networking sites. Just random bleeding hipsters. I thought it might be a cocaine reference, but it turned out that hipsters are just fucking stupid.

So a few months ago I started noticing this weird hipster trend of posting photos of oneself with a nosebleed. It was all over the social networking sites. Just random bleeding hipsters. I thought it might be a cocaine reference, but it turned out that hipsters are just fucking stupid.

haven't seen that but fuck that shit. there can only be one Andrew W.K.

WOW. This thread has taken on a life of its own and has provided me with more than enough Lolz to start the day, so thanks to everyone! Especially everyones Hipster Douche What am I Thinking? responses, GOLD. I'll be back when I can think of a good one ;)

tumblr_lsew8ahdfq1qmrv75o1_500.jpg

First I'll show you this:

And then I'll tell you this:

My boyfriend made a collage a few years ago in prepartion for his thesis that got turned into something....famous. Well, it got swallowed up by the internet and reappropriated thousands of times until it finally made it to the tattoo wall of shame for hipster tattoos. On the plus side he's been credited on Know Your Meme, and attended an "Internet Culturefest" as "The Guy Who Created Hipster Kitty." Definitely not what he wants to be known for! Here's the original collage he made for our friend Allison, one of my tattoo clients. It's hanging in her bedroom.

3#730381869

to me, there is no difference between a hipster and people that must attain every douche tattoo that's hip this week by a tattooer who's the same. hipster track bike guy vs hipster steam punk guy vs hipster tattoo guy.........its all the same to me.

Your right its the same disingenuous bull. But you got a point....I was thinking about it and Ive seen a lot of owls with glasses,also star wars tattoos, animals on bikes/animals as humans, lame forearm script and in my town they LOVE fine art tattoos and other things that weren't meant to be tattooed (IMO). Tops of the hands on a hipster with no other tattoos bugs me....I see a lot of them recently. I also dont get the "it looks like paint was splashed on my arm" tattoo.

it's a font, that tattoo is actually in that font. I'm lost as to why anyone would want that tattoo however.

Because it's the current font "en vogue". Popular with this clean, grey, angular/geometric graphic design style that's around right now. It's a bit of a design cliche to make jokes about hipsters and their undying Helvetica obsession.