Dumb Hipster Tattoos

ShawnPorter

Just like when I first heard Joy Division and thought it was a joke. Sorry if anyone is into them, but I still kind of think nobody actually likes that band.. (IanCurtisRIP)

Hey I love Joy Division and I was around when they first hit the scene (that doesn't qualify for being a hipster but it probobly qualifies for a hip replacement in a few years).

This thread is killing me...first "Infinite Jest" now Joy Division...maybe I am a hipster. I need to start hating myself STAT.

I hate myself every day, just for a little bit.

That said... I don't think he was saying Joy Division (whom I love) is hipstery, just that people only pretend to like them because you're s'posed to. Or maybe I misunderstood, too. I was too busy listening to Joy Division to read into it much.

Though one of my fiance's super politically correct friends won't listen to Joy Division because of where the name of the band comes from. Though she listens to Blondie. Go figure.

I hate myself every day, just for a little bit.

That said... I don't think he was saying Joy Division (whom I love) is hipstery, just that people only pretend to like them because you're s'posed to. Or maybe I misunderstood, too. I was too busy listening to Joy Division to read into it much.

Though one of my fiance's super politically correct friends won't listen to Joy Division because of where the name of the band comes from. Though she listens to Blondie. Go figure.

HAHAHAHA all I was saying is that I don't get Joy Division but I'm glad you were too busy listening to Joy Division to read into the Joy Division comment. You like what you like, fuck it!

I just tend to blame them for making other people think they can sing.. good friend of mine who I used to play in a band with still insists he can sing and it sounds like a bad impression of Ian Curtis done by Dr. Zoidberg on Futurama..

original.jpg

And now I'm terrified that everyone will rip to shreds the music, I like. SORRY!

I just tend to blame them for making other people think they can sing.. good friend of mine who I used to play in a band with still insists he can sing and it sounds like a bad impression of Ian Curtis done by Dr. Zoidberg on Futurama..

you cant blame a band for that, it's a tonal defect. just because he is completely delusional doesnt mean he can't have good taste in music. hahaha

Black Plastic Glasses - check

Vans Slipons - check, though sometimes I still wear zipperhead frankenstein boots

Nonsense Tattoos, some featuring monocles and pipes - check

Rides a Bike- check, have gears though im a fatass

Dickies and Flannels almost every day- check

Beardo- check

Roll up Pants - check, sometimes, I'm also really short and a 30 is too long

I've been doing all of these things without change since like 1994 though, when it was a byproduct of being into grunge and cypress hill, I swear I'm not a hipster I'm too old! lol

I do have to cop to the fact that I'm wearing a die antwoord zef side tshirt today though :facepalm:

I also listen to bauhaus and public image ltd almost daily, though I'm currently on my "rancid" pandora channel

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in the thread but HOLY SHIT i CANNOT WAIT for the monacled bowler hatted curly-mustachioed Tea-Drinking manhead tattoo to go away. I hope every dude or girl that gets one of those feels 10 time stupider in 10 years than anyone sporting desert chrome does now! What would possibly compel someone to get that shit tattooed on them I will never know. "Check out my tattoo of an imaginary, uptight, fey, rich guy who may, or may not have been an extra in the film Wild Wild West."

ugh.

WORST.

I hope every dude or girl that gets one of those feels 10 time stupider in 10 years than anyone sporting desert chrome does now!

I'd be really interested to see what would happen if you could get a few people to agree to getting some chromed-out nonsense tattooed on them by some "names" and see how long it would take for everyone to copy it, and start talking about how 90s chrome is the fucking TRUTH. ..I, however, do not volunteer to receive these tattoos.