Dumb Hipster Tattoos

ShawnPorter

• 3 weeks later...

I feel better regretting my first tattoo after reading through this...my regret comes from going to a bad artist...at least I still like the concept of my piece.

Also I showed my hubby (who is 9 years older than me) pics of hipsters since he wanted to know what they were...his only comment "Hell, Tim and I use to be beat up those yuppie asshats back in the 80s/90s..."

Edited by Janerae
spelling

• 1 month later...

Emo + Metro + Hobo = Hipster.

Take a bunch of trust fund money, add vintage clothes (to look nearly homeless) + high end accessories (so other hispsters know you are not actually a scary homeless person)+ Mac products, a few thoroughly unoriginal tattoos, throw on some trendy pseudo-folk music, and you have a newly minted hipster ready for funemployment.

Man I'm old! I don't know what a hipster is, I remember whip shading flash with a ball point pen and I know that "helvetica" is an old type face that has no serifs.

Hipster was a term to describe beatnik types MANY years ago.... kinda went out and back in... only now with a far less desirable connotation going with it.

Rob

• 1 month later...
Because it's the current font "en vogue". Popular with this clean, grey, angular/geometric graphic design style that's around right now. It's a bit of a design cliche to make jokes about hipsters and their undying Helvetica obsession.

Really??????